• 18(current)
Media Manager for Music
Let me know if you want an API key for www.theaudiodb.com scraping
(2015-04-12, 14:12)zag Wrote: Let me know if you want an API key for www.theaudiodb.com scraping
i'll answer on behalf of @Ethyria, the answer is yes Nod
Thanks zag but I still have the API key from the original iteration of Symphony, which seems to be working fine as I'm actually working on TheAudioDB scraper at the moment
Another quick update, I'm almost finished with the Scraper for artists, then I will be moving onto Music Videos. I just wanted to hold a bit of a public poll to see how everyone has their Music Videos structured

Personally, I have mine structured in the following format:

- Music Videos
- - - Artist 1
- - - - - - folder.jpg
- - - - - - Song 1.mp4
- - - - - - Song 1.nfo
- - - - - - Song 1-thumb.jpg
- - - - - - Song 2.mp4
- - - - - - Song 2.nfo
- - - - - - Song 2-thumb.jpg
- - - - - - extranfanart
- - - - - - - - - - fanart1.jpg
- - - - - - - - - - fanart2.jpg
- - - - - - - - - - fanart3.jpg
- - - Artist 2
- - - - - - folder.jpg
- - - - - - Song 1.mp4
- - - - - - Song 1.nfo
- - - - - - Song 1-thumb.jpg
- - - - - - Song 2.mp4
- - - - - - Song 2.nfo
- - - - - - Song 2-thumb.jpg
- - - - - - extranfanart
- - - - - - - - - - fanart1.jpg
- - - - - - - - - - fanart2.jpg
- - - - - - - - - - fanart3.jpg

The metadata consists of:

thumb.jpg: Each thumb is a screenshot of the music video captured by ffmpeg, which displays wonderfully in Aeon MQ5 and with the lack of metadata available for MusicVideos, I find it a fantastic alternative
folder.jpg: Standard square image thumbnail of the artist as available on TheAudioDB or FanartTV
extrafanart: Standard fanart of the artist as available on TheAudioDB or FanartTV
nfo: Nfo's with the information as laid out in the Kodi Music Video wiki page

Does everyone use a similar setup? if not, feel free to provide yours so I can do my best to account for everyone's structure.
Mine is structured similar,but I like your structure better! so im just adding whats missing to make like your's.
Mine is similar, but songs are in their own folder.
Artist - Title.Ext

In the same folder
(2015-04-17, 09:23)calvin8714 Wrote: Mine is similar, but songs are in their own folder.

(2015-04-17, 11:00)zag Wrote: Artist - Title.Ext

In the same folder

(2015-04-17, 07:04)blueeyiz702 Wrote: Mine is structured similar,but I like your structure better! so im just adding whats missing to make like your's.

Thanks for the response guys, do you use screen grabs for the thumb.jpg as well?
Quote:Thanks for the response guys, do you use screen grabs for the thumb.jpg as well?
No, my thumbnails are usually the preview Kodi gives me, or theaudiodb's thumbnails if they're available (yay zag! Big Grin)
I do yes, but its the same name as the video so

artist-title.mp4
artist-title.jpg
@Ethyria - will this support STRM files? I generally would use strm file that link to a youtube/vevo video.

anyway to scrape/create strm for something from http://www.vevo.com/browse/artists
(2015-04-17, 13:50)bry- Wrote: @Ethyria - will this support STRM files? I generally would use strm file that link to a youtube/vevo video.

anyway to scrape/create strm for something from http://www.vevo.com/browse/artists

Most metadata managers use a database but I'm using the file system in realtime so I will be adding the option for the user to specify the extensions to use as music videos, which should allow you to scrape and manage metadata for a STRM file
(2015-04-17, 14:12)Ethyria Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 13:50)bry- Wrote: @Ethyria - will this support STRM files? I generally would use strm file that link to a youtube/vevo video.

Most metadata managers use a database but I'm using the file system in realtime so I will be adding the option for the user to specify the extensions to use as music videos, which should allow you to scrape and manage metadata for a STRM file

excellent, thanks for prompt reply.
@Ethyria

Check out my Music Videos post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164550

I use the following:

The following artwork names work:
artist - musicvideo-poster.jpg (usually a picture of the Album the Music Video is from, found on fanart.tv under Album Cover)
artist - musicvideo-thumb.jpg
Also, artist - musicvideo-fanart.jpg should work, but I don't know now to bring it up in AEON MQ5 or ACE.
poster.jpg (This is usually a picture of the Band, taller than wide found on fanart.tv under the Artist Thumb section, or from a Google Image Search).
fanart.jpg (1920x1080 background, usually from fanart.tv)

I use the skin AEON MQ5 (and also ACE), and they both have issues displaying Music Video Artwork. Artists Posters (poster.jpg) don't show up, unless there is one for the Band under the Music Section (there seems to be a link between the two within XBMC). Fanart (fanart.jpg) doesn't show up in the Artist view, until you actually dig down to where the Music Videos actually are. As an example:

1. Bring up Artists, scroll down to Blink-182. Neither the Poster or Fanart show up, unless I have a Music folder with Blink-182 artwork (which I do, but for some reason MQ5 only shows the artists thumb, and not the fanart in the background - this might be a bug in MQ5 hopefully fixed in MQ6).

2. Clicking on the Artists takes you to a screen with the various Albums you have for that Artist, again no Artwork is displayed in this view (which is weird, you would think it would display the Album cover of each Band as you scroll over the name).

3. Clicking on an Album, takes you to all the Music Videos you have for that Album, and displays the Album Cover (Band - Musicvideo-poster.jpg) of the Band, and the Fanart (fanart.jpg) in the background.

For the NFO file, I use this format:

<musicvideo>
<title>Adam's Song</title>
<artist>Blink-182</artist>
<album>Enema of the State</album>
<genre>Alternative Rock</genre>
<genre>Pop Punk</genre>
<director></director>
<composer></composer>
<studio>MCA</studio>
<year>1999</year>
<track>7</track>
<runtime>4:09</runtime>
</musicvideo>
(2015-04-17, 09:23)calvin8714 Wrote: Mine is similar, but songs are in their own folder.

+!
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Manager for Music3