Win HTPC Problem
I finished my HTPC build about a month ago and I'm having a problem with my IR receiver (HP p/n 5187-4583). Everything worked fine until a week ago and I was unable to wake the HTPC from sleep mode (S3) using the remote. Could still wake machine by pressing case's power button or using the wired keyboard. The remote still functioned correctly when navigating thru XBMC.Does anyone have any insight? I don't like having to get up from my recliner to wake my HTPC.

Asrock E350M1 mobo in a MI-008 case
70GB SSD
HP 5187-4583 IR Receiver with HP WMC Remote
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Check in the BIOS and make sure wake by USB is enabled?
I'm not 100% certain, but I don't believe the BIOS for the E350M1 has that option. I know when I check the eHome IR receiver in the device manager that the option for "Allow This Device to Wake Computer" is checked. My puzzlement is because I was able to wake the computer for about 3 weeks and now I am unable to wake it with the remote. Remote and IR receiver still work perfectly after computer is awakened. I've moved receiver to all the USB ports (back and front) on the MI-008 chassis, but no luck. Windows always recognizes the receiver when I plug it in.

Thanks for your suggestion. I was hoping another member may have had the same problem and could furnish a remedy.
Hey,

I had something similar to this recently also, on an msi a4 (not a fusion board like yourself) amd board. My machine would go to sleep via the remote but never wake up via the remote. I found a couple of jumpers on the motherboard that I had to switch to allow the usb ports to have power during sleep, this fixed it for me.

Hope this is some help.

Cheers,

Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Problem0