HDHomerun Prime
I have an HDHomerun Prime [model that allows 2 cablecards]
MCE has worked flawlessly in tuning and recording channels
I'm running openELEC 3.0RC4

I've tried:
-TVHeadend: Could never configure the prime
- NextPVR: Too many "tuner not available" error messages
-MythBuntu: Suddenly getting buffering on all my HD channels

I'd like to stay on openELEC or xbmcbuntu but cannot get reliable PVR performance (I'm mainly watching live tv, don't really need time shifting)

So, what works for you? I've spent too many weekends (it seems) trying to get this to work
Mythtv works well with the prime. Join the mythtv-users mailing list plenty of help there.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Try the beta. Project connect. Stands via upnp
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Streaming via UPNP works fairly well, however, without any guide data, it's just doesn't work for me
The prime and all my other boxes are all connected to the same gig switch - not sure what's up with this buffering
Agree with nickr, I'm using mythtv with Prime(Fios cablecard) and it works great. Took a little to get the setups right, but well worth it. Used all the message boards available for tips
HTPC_Bar:Silverstone GD05B | ASROCK Z68M | Intel I3 |
HTPC_LivingRoom:Intel NUC i3
HTPC_BedRoom:Lenovo
UNRAID:1TB, 3TB, 3TB

(2013-03-16, 12:52)macrho Wrote: Streaming via UPNP works fairly well, however, without any guide data, it's just doesn't work for me
The prime and all my other boxes are all connected to the same gig switch - not sure what's up with this buffering

You may want to look into what angrycamel is working on. Check his strm generator. And his custom fork of TV guide. This allows use of upnp with guide data. He also incorporated sickbeard and cps

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=141656
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Another one using the Prime (3 tuner CableCard version) with MythTV. I have my Myth box on another machine and connect to it through the addon. I've never tried setting both Myth and XBMC up on the same box. Myth does take some work, and quite a bit of digging for info to get set up really well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDHomerun Prime0