QUESTION how to add a viewtype?
Hi, I just have a question aobut how to add the GlassList View to the skin, i was usin an old beta for my personal use just to use the glass list view (due certain facts its a must on my rig) but it ace was updated to the official realese automatically so i have lost the view Sad i do have the XML file for the glass list view type, can you tellme how to add it?

i got this help from MassIV I´ve tried but it doesnt work for me

(2013-03-16, 17:39)MassIV Wrote: It would have been nice to know what skin.

But if you have the .xml file.
And if this is a viewtype for video files.

You need to add the following to Includes.xml or Includes_Viewtypes.xml (wherever you find the rest of these):
Using the name of the actual file you have.
Code:
<include file="Viewtype_Name.xml" />

Open the viewtype file you have and find the name in the following line.
Code:
<viewtype label="Name">list</viewtype>

Also find the id number (note: there might be more then one, you need the main one):
Code:
<control type="list" id="709">

Then add the following to MyVideoNav.xml (using the name you found):
Code:
<include>Name</include>

And add the id number to the others in:
Code:
<views>502,550,535,52,56,512,53,707,569,602,604,50</views>

do I need to do something else?
I pulled the view GlassList because it was decided by vote. There are many types of list view and this would be remaining.

I'll let the two old pictures of GlassList so that others can know as is. If users like, maybe I can include it again.

------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
ok thank you for the answer, i know theres other view types, but none of them cover my needs

im not pretending to be added as a regular view type if you dont want, I just wanna know how to add it due specific circunstances

its that so hard?
In addition to everything mentioned above is necessary to include the selector which is in IncludesTopMenu. Also include all the tweaking options in TopMenu, is not so simple.

Yet I do not guarantee it will work because the GlassList was removed two months ago, much has changed here from there, may need tweaking to work properly.

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
thank you marcos i will try, im looking for this like i said due specific circunstances, its not just a caprice, its just i really need it, thank you for the hints to keep looking on my quest to add it once again

now if you wanna know why im so interested on this you can continue reading the following lines

1 its not for me, im working (no for money) with a couple of kids with special needs/habilities a couple of days per week
so I decieded to gave them an htpc rig (its fot a low resources organizartion so it one way to help them), with series for kids, like dora, diego, and things like that, just to help them to keep in touch with a pc, to make them happy a couple of minutes for the kids watching cartoons, and it helps them to intereact with every one there aswell, they already got used to the glasslist view type, and believe me it was a hard time teaching them to use it,

so when I saw the skin on the wip i just wanna have access to it so that was the reason to decide to help you guys (and trust me in helping with an smile on my face) with one translation to get early access, and thats why i decided to finish my translation ASAP (it was done in one day then i just update it with the new lines you realese like everybody) so thats why i knew the glass list type,

now you know why im tring to get it back? or why its so important to me? maybe it doesnt mean anthing to you but for me its important, cuase when I update it from the beta 4.3 i was so regretful cuase I dont have a back up for that realese

if you read all the lines thank you, I guess you will understand my reasons now, and if you decide to not add it back I will understand to

thanks in advance
Well, that's a very important reason. I will include again, even if it's just for you, give me just a little time.

It's great you can help those in need. Angel

Visit my website
thank you so mouch marcos you dont know how much I appreciate it

you are the best!!!
Wow man, what an incredible community xbmc has.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUESTION how to add a viewtype?1