opening a program add-on as a videos add-on
If I instal an add-on that is a program add-on, I have to have the program button on the menu bar in the home page to access it. This is somewhat wasteful I think if it's the only program add-on I have. Is it possible to move a program add-on to my list of videos add-ons?
No, but you can add it as a Favourite, map it to a keyboard shortcut, map it to a remote button.
Ok, Clicked on Programs, right clicked on Global Search, added to favourites. How do I map it to a keyboard shortcut ?
Those were three different options. Smile

To map a key to perform an XBMC function, create a keyboard.xml (wiki) file in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps/ directory with the following contents:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <some-key>some-function</some-key>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
  • "some-key" is the key you wish to map to the function. See here for a list of key names: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Lis...C_keynames
  • "some-function" is the function you wish to run. You can copy this from the entry you added to your favourites.xml file for Global Search. The file is located in your userdata (wiki) directory. The function is defined in the text string between the <favourite name="xxxxx"> and </favourite> tags.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
opening a program add-on as a videos add-on0