SETTING UP UPDATED EPG AND THEN SOME.
Hi all.

Only just stumbled apron xbmc over the last three days. Have spent the weekend trying to get it set up. I want to have an updated epg that when i hit the station the program will come up. Everything that i have read has just gave me more questions. I cant get an epg up. what do i need to set up a pvr and do i need a tv tunner and if so do i need to pay for subscription. if you could even point me in the right direction, that would be a big help.

thanks.
karl.
For live TV you need a TV Tuner. Whether you pay will depend on whether you normally pay for TV. Once you have that, you can start configuring xbmc to use it.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR
1. how come i can find the stations online but i cant find an epg that will go with it. .
2. How come i cant sent up my pvr on xbmc, do i need to have a tv tunner for this. I have tried to find out how to set up pvr online but they just come with more question.
You must have a TV Tuner card for your computer to set this up. It isnt pulling online channels.
can you recommend which tv tunner that you think that i should get. i want to get one that records while i watch another tv station and a hd one too.
It is a tuner not a tunner.

The answer depends on where you are in the world, and what TV service you get - over the air, satellite, cable, whatever.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SETTING UP UPDATED EPG AND THEN SOME.0