Lock-up when trying to play HD media
I recently started back up with xbmc after my roommate moved out with his HTPC. I have been copying onto new drives all of the media that we had on his drives and have run into a problem. Whenever I run a BlueRay .mkv rip, it will play for approximately 10 seconds then the screen will freeze up with no audio. I can back out to menus, but xbmc shows the file still playing. I can stop and start it without any audio/video change. If I try to play a different video, or exit xbmc, it will quit responding. I have to then Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut it down. When I go to restart xbmc it may or may not have audio then, at least until I restart the computer.

I have a Compaq Presario AMD Athalon x64 with 2 gigs of ram running a clean install of Windows 7 Professional Service pack 1. I'm running xbmc version 12.0 with the Aeon Nox skin. I have a Nvidia 8400 GS video card running their 314.07 driver, also used for audio. All connected to a Samsung receiver to a Toshiba TV with hdmi cabling.

Pastebin Log: http://pastebin.com/C8WjJ4HQ

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated! Big Grin

EDIT: clarification as noted below.
If you are having problem with blu-rays only then configure the xbmc audio settings to disable Dolby TruHD and DTS HDMA capable receiver. Most probably your samsung receiver is not able to decode hd audio and since blu-rays use hd audio in most case, the video will start stuttering.
Sorry, I should have said BlueRay .mkv rip. The receiver has run plenty of high def audio from a dedicated BlueRay player and a PS3.
(2013-03-18, 05:55)aksmth Wrote: Sorry, I should have said BlueRay .mkv rip. The receiver has run plenty of high def audio from a dedicated BlueRay player and a PS3.
Un-fortunately, I'm certain that your Nvidia 8400 cannot bitstream DTS-HD/TrueHD.....both AVR and GPU have to support DTS-HD/TrueHD in order to bitstream it.....

The cheapest/latest nVidia that supports DTS-HD/TrueHD is GeForce GT 610....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lock-up when trying to play HD media0