XBMC 12.1 Frodo: available now
Running real smooth. Thanks for the hard work Team XBMC!
Nice upgrade...
Edit: Found a fix for the last.fm scrobbler...
HTPC: Intel Nuc i3 8109u | 8Gb Ram | Windows 10 Pro
since upgrading to 12.1 it will no longer load on my 2012 mac mini. i click on the application the icon bounces and nothing happens any help?
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
(2013-03-23, 05:47)CharlieM Wrote: since upgrading to 12.1 it will no longer load on my 2012 mac mini. i click on the application the icon bounces and nothing happens any help?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1371271
(2013-03-23, 06:04)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 05:47)CharlieM Wrote: since upgrading to 12.1 it will no longer load on my 2012 mac mini. i click on the application the icon bounces and nothing happens any help?

That link just seems to take me to the beginning of this thread?
Mac mini 2012
Drobo 4 bay
4 three terabyte HHD
Drobo 5 bay
5 four terabyte HHD
(2013-03-23, 15:59)CharlieM Wrote:
(2013-03-23, 06:04)artrafael Wrote:

That link just seems to take me to the beginning of this thread?

Read my comment in that linked post.
So I gather XBMC still cannot read movie ID Tags for M4V and MKV? I still get the same wrong information for movies/concerts that aren't in the databases here (e.g. David Gilmour Live from 1984 from his About Face tour comes up as David Gilmour Live 2002 and that's just incorrect but its built-in ID Tag has all the correct information and artwork and it's ignored in favor of databases that simply don't contain everything there is) and it still ignores the built-in artwork. I thought this was something that got left out of Eden at the last minute (i.e. the same tag reader that reads the music tags can also reads the movie tags if the files are renamed) and surely would appear in the next XBMC. Hey, maybe in a few more years? Wink
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
As always, it needs someone who cares to implement it. That person has not yet come along.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm sorry; I could have sworn a developer implied they nearly had it working but too late for Eden. Given the lack of BD playback straight from disc, I see no use for Frodo on my Mac Mini (If I'm going to have to rip BDs to play them, I might as well Handbrake too and save a ton of space compared to a straight BD rip) and Eden has all the other features needed for playback and doesn't require me to unplug my 1st Gen AppleTV (and associated USB stick) just to get the AppleTV interface back, I'll stick with Eden for now. I'm sure HD Audio is nice, etc., but unless I want to store full sized BD rips rather than Handbrake them, if serves little function for my existing libraries and my Mac Mini with an actual Blu-Ray drive can play commercial BDs directly from the drive with VLC 2.x.

I'm sure Frodo is useful to some people on here with really enormous network drives and/or small BD collections, though. I don't know if AFP handling is improved or not, but it's not worth having to unplug the AppleTV to get it, IMO and until ID tagging is supported, I don't really want to ditch the Apple interface altogether since some things are just labeled wrong (I do occasionally rent a movie as well). Thanks but no thanks guys. XBMC is still a great program, but clearly newer isn't always better for everyone. I'd add it myself but I'm not a software developer and learning to become one is obviously way more work even than unplugging the AppleTV/USB stick every time and I don't have that kind of spare time to devote to a new hobby. I was simply hoping a developer cared about tagging and obviously they do not. Have a nice day.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Hey man, no need to be like that. I want it too, but I'm not a dev either. Most programs that do mkv meta tagging use the same source that XBMC does for its scrapers, so it's rare that you get different data.
Thanks for all the hard work team xbmc, what a great product and just keeps on getting better!
I'm waiting for debian maintainer to repack it, but I even don't know whom to ask question
(2013-04-02, 21:15)Marx1 Wrote: I'm waiting for debian maintainer to repack it, but I even don't know whom to ask question

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...ebian_repo
XBMC 12.0 is available in experimental Debian repository now, so I hope 12.1 will get there too.
PPA is for Ubuntu, and when I tried it some time ago on Debian, it didn't work (XBMC depended on some sound package which were renamed in Ubuntu. I resoved it by fake package but it wasn't stable). Now I even don't know which version of Ubuntu pick (in definition of repository) to somehow match the newest Debian.
Edit:
- add-ppa-repository suggested lucid - no way, it's too old.
- I've tried last stable Ubuntu: Quantal - lack of some dependencies forbids installation of 12.1.
- Ubuntu Raring, Precise, Oneiric - same history
So it's impossible to install Ubuntu's XBMC in Debian
That's why you should install from the official TeamXBMC PPA.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.1 Frodo: available now3