Req Raspberry pi, Xbmc, and USB DVD/CD support.
I got myself a Raspberry pi because it was a cheap media solution, tiny, low cost, and above all it supported Xbmc, which I've been wanting to use since it was first ported to the original Xbox.
well here's a kicker that makes me sicker. When I try to play a dvd it will show me the play dvd option, but when I hit it, the disk spins up the screen flashes black for half a second like it is about to play. then it returns to the menu.

I asked on the Raspberry forums first, thinking it is a hardware issue being its a low performance computer. one user with vastly more knowledge than I said that the "--disable-optical-drive switch" is set as such for a reason and when he tried to get it to work it screwed up everything and took hours to work.

From what I can find it isnt as simple as plug and play, is this feature simply not supported for raspberry pi with xbmc? will it be in the near future? or is there already a work around and I am simply not knowledgeable enough to understand it?

I am able to view the files within the disk via the file browser but I am unable to play them. I have the Mpeg-2 licence, and everything has sufficient power. Although I am unsure of the raspberry pi's ability's to play dvd's I know it handles good quality .Avi files off my Hard drive just fine.

I put this in the feature request because currently I am under the impression that this feature isn't available for the setup i am using. If there IS a currently stable workaround please let me know! My media computer is only 80% complete without the ability to play dvd's!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry pi, Xbmc, and USB DVD/CD support.0