Video time doesnt grow when watching recording while its recording
Morning

Really don't know how to put this. Lets say I start a NBA game 40 min after it starts. XBMC says the video is 40 min long. But the video is still recording and growing, but the time doesn't grow. I cant easily skip commercials because when I get to 40+ min, it doesn't really work cuz it doesn't know there is 30 more seconds. Stopping the video and starting it again of course works, but still only up to that point in the recording.

If this is to be fixed, great! If its fixed in nightlies, its not working

Cheers!
This is also a big problem for me when I am watching football.
The end time doesn't change as the recording progresses and therefore you can't skip when you get to the end time (as it was when you started the recording).

This wasn't a problem when I ran a mythtv frontend. The end time would increment continually in that case. I only mention this to say I know it is possible.

Happy to test as required. I'm running on Mac OSX.

Cheers
Same problem here. I can skip forward in very small increments when it hits the current video length mark but not like in a full recording. I use this feature a lot in watching live sporting events but it's a pain to go out and restart everytime I hit the false end.

I'd be happy to test it too.
guys, if you reach the end of a current recording and you're basically live at this point, how could you possible fast forward? there's nothing further to fast forward to as it's recording as you see it.

REMOVED, sorry. didn't mean to hijack your thread
Ubu's Youtube Channel has great content! http://www.youtube.com/ubuntuaddicted
Blog? Yes here: ubuntuaddicted.blogspot.com
No, what I said was you start a watching a recording 40 Min after it started, and its recording a 2 hour show. Once you watch the first 40 Minutes, you cant skip past that because the video time hasnt updated, even though it still has been recording the 40 minutes you have been watching it. It hasnt caught up to live TV yet.

And secondly, please post your problem in a new topic and dont hijack others. You problem is COMPLETELY different and needs to get its own help.

Cheers!
Unfortunately this is a missing functionality in XBMC itself. Hopefully it gets added at some point.
Thanks cfetzer. I am keen to get this fixed so I am happy to chase up and log a bug with XBMC if this is where you think the problem is.

Just to clarify, your comment that its an XBMC functionality problem...... Are you saying that video details (ie length) in XBMC don't get refreshed once you have started watching the video?
Yes, exactly. The MythTV addon already gets notified from the backend about file size changes.
It's just that the XBMC player queries this information only at the start of the playback.

There's no need to file a bug, its already known: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13309

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video time doesnt grow when watching recording while its recording0