keyboard - press and hold.
Hi guys,

I'm pretty sure i already know the answer to this question. However, is there currently a way to set keyboard.xml to recognise long presses or "press and hold'' features of a keyboard, pretty much like you see on Apple TV with the Apple remote?

I can do this using Eventghost to trigger certain keypresses when buttons are held down and for the most part this works well and gets me out of trouble. However, having xbmc handle this would be a better option as i could leave most of that functioanlity internal and leave eventghost to trigger my IR-Blasts and shutdown actions.

The only reason i ask, is because i've ordered a FLIRC and was going to attempt to use the apple remote to control my PC...
I'm pretty sure i'll be able to get it functioning quite fine if i set myself the long task of using eventghost to trigger certain push and hold events, but sometimes this does not play well with XBMC.

IF NOT... Could this possibly be added in the future as a 'mod' for keypresses for eg:

<s mod="hold">ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s>

I know this functionality probably is not an easy task to implement (if even possible) but the questions still remain.

Cheers in advance,

Loggio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
keyboard - press and hold.0