TV Shows Work Fine, Movies Not Found
Platform: iPad 3
iOS 6.1
XBMC Build: 12.0 Git:20130127-fb595f2
Installed from Cydia, teamXBMC
Debug log: http://pastebin.com/hLG64Zy9

I'm running a mysql server on my HTPC, and connecting to that. I can browse and play TV shows without issue, I can browse movies, but when I try and play a movie, it says "This file is no longer available. Would you like to remove it from the library?'

Movies work on HTPC, logs don't show a permissions error.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks!
You could try to use the IP instead of the NETBIOS name Wink Sometimes that helps.

Are you using the same username and password for both the ipad and htpc? If you don't are you sure the permissions are right?
(2013-03-06, 17:45)Eliah Wrote: You could try to use the IP instead of the NETBIOS name Wink Sometimes that helps.

Are you using the same username and password for both the ipad and htpc? If you don't are you sure the permissions are right?

The share is a public share, so there's no username and password set on it. Doesn't appear to be a permissions issue as the TV shows seem to work fine. They're both hosted on the same host, through the same share, just different sub directories

Because the files are indexed through mysql, I can't change how the files are accessed (by netbios name or ip address), but the same logic above should apply here too... TV shows are accessed using netbios name and work fine, so movies should work too
Sorry, apperently i had some other log file open with some smb errors Wink
Look into the movie info and look at the path. Something is screwed up in your movie db imo.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-07, 17:15)Memphiz Wrote: Look into the movie info and look at the path. Something is screwed up in your movie db imo.

See that's the funny thing... The path looks fine, and the database works on the other Frodo install I have.
I did notice at one point that the path was prepended with stack://, so it looked like stack://:SMB://<file path> but that doesn't seem to be the case any further

The database is upgraded from Eden, if that makes a diff
stack is used when a movie contains more then 1 file (cd1 + cd2 for example).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I have some more data on this

I took a look at the database and the smb addresses for the movies are formatted in the following manner: smb://<user>:<password>@<host>/file.avi
Is this format not supported in iOS? Is there any way to get it to work without redoing my database?
This format looks fine ... but i would say /file.avi is invalid. It would need to be /<share>/file.avi (there must be at least one share/directory after the first slash for beeing a valid smb url).
Sorry, my mistake, I left that part out,
It is in the format smb://<user>:<password>@<host>/share/file.avi
Seems like the ipad has trouble resolving samba shares with a username and pass, as if I alter the entry in mysql and remove the user/pass (login is optional on the share) it seems to work fine.
I just used a query to remove the login information from the DB and we appear to be okay
I have the same issue on ATV2 but cannot remove the user/pass. Can anyone help since I cannot play any movies after upgrading to FRODO. Use identical advancedsettings.xml sources.xml and mediasources.cml across all clients Ubuntu/XBMCbuntu/Android all work except ATV2.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Spart
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
I can also play all movies if I go into Videos>Files and select the file from the list. It then plays fine. Will not play from the library even though paths seem correct.

Cheers
Spart

FURTHER INFO

In the MySQL DB the paths against TV Shows and all episodes are in the form smb://username:password@SERVERNAME/TV/SHOWNAME/SEASON/filename.(mp4/avi etc)
but the path against all movies is either :
smb://SERVERNAME/DVDS/FullDisc/MOVIEFOLDERNAME/
smb://SERVERNAME/DVDS/MainMovie/filename.(mp4/avi etc)

What controls the information being written to MySQL? it is clearly different for TV and Movie entries.
6 x Raspberry Pi Model B & B+ Pi2 & 3 Zotac Mag Ubuntu 14.04.1 - Ubuntu 14.04.1 Test Machine Kodi Nightly - RocketNAS 8TB Usable Raid 6 Ubuntu 14.04.1 RocketNAS Build
Big Grin

FIXED ON ATV2 had to copy passwords.xml from my ubuntu FRODO install to ATV2 install. Instant fix.

Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers
Spart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows Work Fine, Movies Not Found0