• 21(current)
Ability to share and synchronize XBMC userdata profiles between multiple machines
lowfi Wrote:so do i understand correctly by keeping all metadata (nfo,fanart,tbn) inside the movie/serie folder it is the best way of keeping everything in sync without having to download stuff twice?

My setup is a linux server with mysql and all movies etc and two xbmc live setups (livingroom,bedroom).

right!
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
ringgh0st Wrote:right!

Hmmm! Is it? I have now set everything up. But im missing all tbn covers. Fanart seems to be all there. Running dharma rc1.

Watched/resume info seems to be all stored in the db.
lowfi Wrote:Hmmm! Is it? I have now set everything up. But im missing all tbn covers. Fanart seems to be all there. Running dharma rc1.

Watched/resume info seems to be all stored in the db.

it was explained some pages earlier. if you use mysql only fanart pages will be shown on every client. the posters are stored locally anyways. its a structural problem of xbmc and cannot be solved yet ;(
-= XBMC Lover © 2006 =-
---------------------------------------
XBMC @ Lenovo Q180, harmony one, Sony Bravia KDL-55W905, Marantz SR5006, MySQL XBMC Database @ Synology DS-409+ (thx Firnsy)
XBMC @ Lenovo Q150 and a Panasonic Plasma for bedrooming ;)
Hi guys, I apologize if this was answered elsewhere in this long thread, I read a few pages and didn't see anything about it... I searched long enough to make it worth it to register just to post this question anyway..

I just tried the lifehacker tutorial for doing this (creating a mysql database and an advancedsettings.xml file), after doing so I see no movies/tv shows in my library on either the server or client boxes, even after trying to import the database which I originally exported (which took foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr by the way, and this is on a quad 2.66ghz with 4gb ram). I also tried to remove the source folders on the server box, and re-add them, thinking worst case it would just rescrape everything (probably would have taken just as long as importing did), but it still shows nothing.

Both boxes running windows 7 and xbmc dharma (whatever the latest version is, i downloaded it yesterday from xbmcsvn)

Also I'm using the Alaska skin, not sure if that matters..

Lastly, I just noticed that when I open xbmc on the server box I see "Failed to run RecentlyUpdated.py" notification pop up. Is this related to the xbmc auto-updater add-on I have installed?

Can anyone help? Thanks
need logs dude. pastebin em.

have you used a mysql tool like workbench or phpmyadin to check the content of the database? can be done with a mouse if you have no sql skill.

i will use this opportunity to bitch that mysql backend doesn’t relieve the problem of thumbnails/fanart at all, you have to use shares punched in with symbolic links (royal PITA).
Yes.. No errors or anything in the logs. I have statically set the IP of the server box on my router, so that's not the issue. The advancedsettings.xml is supposed to be on the client boxes as well as the server, correct?

I tried to do a select * from some of the tables in xbmc_video, and the query always come up blank. It looks like the database has been set up correctly though, as there are 40 tables in xbmc_video...

What am I missing?

Pastebin of clean log: http://pastebin.com/WwE1GZi1

OK... I figured out the problem.

On the Alaska skin, when you select a folder, the first item is ../, so if you enter the folder you want to choose, and if you are highlighted on the first item (../) then it will actually choose the directory above your current location... it's kinda confusing to explain. Anyway, I reimported my library and this time it worked! Beware of Alaska's funky menu system!

Now, does anyone know why a bunch of my TV shows cover art is messed up? About half of them suddenly only contain the banner..
So the problem is actually that when you export an xbmc video library, and reimport, it screws up the tv information, for whatever reason. It only recognizes 1 episode for every season. So if you have 10 seasons of a show, and you go into "all seasons" you will see 10 episode #1's.

Everything related to the movies folder works fine (on both boxes) though, except for that fact that I lost the functionality to "resume from.." ..... that was a large part of why I ever attempted this in the first place.

So, I thought maybe importing the library wasn't the best way, I dropped my databases, removed advancedsettings.xml, removed all my media sources.

Then, I created new blank mysql databases, put advancedsettings.xml back in, and started xbmc. As predicted, there was nothing there. So I added a new source (thinking it would just scrape everything, and insert it into the sql database, and everything would work). After adding a new source (TV) nothing happens. I can view the mysql database and see the mysql xbmc_video "path" table has some information in it (xbmc did this), but when I go to "tv shows" in xbmc it shows me there is nothing there. However, if I go into video-files, I can see the TV source, and I can view all the files (no metadata)

This entire process is so simple I'm failing to see why it works for everyone but me........ Can someone please tell me what I'm missing? I'm getting so frustrated.

pastebin log: http://pastebin.com/a0AmstPJ
Hi everyone

I was planning to have XBMC running on my PC and on my OUYA, with a shared library/settings.
Got all my data on a NAS, plus a MySQL instane running on the NAS. The PC XBMC is already using the database.

Now my question is, can the OUYA access that database? Or what would be the best way to keep things as synchronized as possible?

Edit: With settings I mean stuff like skins, connected shares, customized skin-homescreens/menus, playlists, add-ons etc.
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this helps or not, but just as a follow-up in regards to my request to build an Xbmc client for Media Browser Server:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173372

We have this data in our server api, e.g. watch history, resume information, etc. You're able to start watching from your HTPC, and resume in another room on Roku. Everything in the system can be liked, disliked, or marked as favorite. That goes not only for media but genres, actors, directors, etc. We're then able to take that data and offer things like recommendations, which are also available in the api.

For example, here's a screenshots of movies in the web client:

http://community.mediabrowser.tv/uploads...titled.png

All of our clients have these features. Just thought I'd propose another reason to bring us together Smile
So is this available now in Media Browser 3? I haven't used it before but why would I choose that over my current XBMC client on the mac mini and intel nuc?
Nogi,
You might look at our server if you have interest in sharing your data across multiple devices, and from any location, as well as being able to manage your server an media remotely over the web.

We don't have a mac client yet, unfortunately, but we're looking for a developer for that. On windows, have a windows media center-based client available now, along with two more clients in production:

Media Browser Theater: http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permali...bt-teasers
Media Portal: http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/thread...13.119513/

But the reason I'm here is not to pull you away from your Xbmc client. I'm looking to see if I can find any prospective developers here who may have interest in bringing Xbmc & MB together via an Xbmc client for our server. I think it would be a good match.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to share and synchronize XBMC userdata profiles between multiple machines2