scroll once
hey all-

kinnda new to this python stuff but coming from perl it is quite nice.  what i am wondering is if there is scroll control for label strings, and can i either disable the scroll or define the number of times it does scroll?

cheers,
-tags

not sure if python can use the fadelabels or not - see the python documentation. in any case, you can't tell it to scroll just once using the built-in fadelabel code.

you could, however, do it all yourself using just a normal control label. you could, for instance, setup a label control underneath some image controls left and right (to crop the label) and alter the label controls position so that you get the scroll effect. not elegant, but it'd work.

what exactly is the application of the scroll-once label?

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

see xbmcgui documentation for controlfadelabel interface. no scroll once i am afraid.

i think you could make the string ridiculously long with spaces and have it appear to only scroll once off screen.
i dont know what the utility is in that though.
fadelabel is limited to 1000 characters from my experiences with it. any more and i was receiveing lockups. this would rule out the spaces method.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
scroll once0