Port 1900 when streaming FTP
Hello,
I'm using the Frodo release and i'm streaming my content from my NAS/FTP server.
I've noticed a thing that's very odd, every now and then when streaming XBMC starts making request on port 1900 which makes my NAS go crazy (I've enabled it to ban users with incorrect username/password and incorrect port requests). Meaning that my XBMC htpc is banned for 24 hour until i unlock it manually through the administration tool. Any idea where in XBMC i can switch off the function where it tries to connect to my server through port 1900?

I have not added any media through port 1900, i only have content streaming through ftp port 21.

This is what I get in my NAS systemlog (Qnap btw)

2013-03-19 15:02:30 System 127.0.0.1 localhost [Security] Access Violation from x.x.x.x with UDP (port=1900)

Where x.x.x.x is the public ip of my xbmc htpc. This error is repeated like 30 times only today..
Port 1900 is UPnP unless I'm wrong. Try turning UPnP services off in settings and see if that helps.

EDIT: Your problem might suggest it's the UPnP client trying to connect to the NAS however. Have you perhaps by mistake added a UPnP source in any of your libraries?
I was trying to find a way to turn off the XBMC UPnP client, but it doesn't seem to be possible.
Thanks for the reply,
I've never used a UPnP source, I've also checked the current sources and the only thing I have added is a FTP source.
This is really bugging me because, if I uninstall XBMC is there a way to delete all the settings and do a fresh install afterwards?
If you use the XBMC uninstaller you get the option to delete the whole profile, which in effect allows for a fresh re-installation.

You did check under Settings -> Services -> UPnP so it's not turned on?

If there's nothing else really wrong with the installation I guess you could also add a firewall rule in Windows firewall, blocking outgoing port 1900 completely. I have no idea what kind of effect that would have on XMBC though, if there's indeed something in XBMC that is trying to communicate through UPnP.

Do you see these port 1900 entries on your NAS only when XBMC is running? Perhaps there's some UPnP service running in Windows itself (if you installed some software).
Check so "UPnP Device host" is not started under Windows services.
(2013-03-19, 18:57)phunqe Wrote: If you use the XBMC uninstaller you get the option to delete the whole profile, which in effect allows for a fresh re-installation.

You did check under Settings -> Services -> UPnP so it's not turned on?

If there's nothing else really wrong with the installation I guess you could also add a firewall rule in Windows firewall, blocking outgoing port 1900 completely. I have no idea what kind of effect that would have on XMBC though, if there's indeed something in XBMC that is trying to communicate through UPnP.

Do you see these port 1900 entries on your NAS only when XBMC is running? Perhaps there's some UPnP service running in Windows itself (if you installed some software).
Check so "UPnP Device host" is not started under Windows services.

I will check as soon as I get home, regarding the XBMC installation im running it on a clean Windows 7 Install and it's a dedicaded XBMC machine.
Thanks for the advice again, Ill look into blocking 1900 in the Windows Firewall and see what happends.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Port 1900 when streaming FTP0