Pre-Built Group 7 HTPC, Options?
oh, right. To be honest i was actually hung up on that fact and have been looking for HD4000 only...i like the Q190 as it has the optical out where are the NUC doesnt..thats is a big thing for me as m current speaker only have optical in and i cant afford to change that right now.
If these are my choices "Intel DC3217IYE Next Unit of Computing w/ i3-3217U + 4GB, 64GB SSD, Digital Signage" and this "IdeaCentre Q190 - 57312240" for nearly the same price, the NUC is my choice....I'll get better, faster and more efficient Intel CPU and GPU....

(2013-03-21, 16:36)true_devil Wrote: oh, right. To be honest i was actually hung up on that fact and have been looking for HD4000 only...i like the Q190 as it has the optical out where are the NUC doesnt..thats is a big thing for me as m current speaker only have optical in and i cant afford to change that right now.
If there is no other way to get optical from HDTV to speaker, you can always install one of this "Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Micro II USB Analog & Digital Audio Adapter"......
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Awesome Blu! That does sound like a good idea. Ive been looking at building the Shuttle XH61V as one of the options since bootoo posted it, am i right in thinking the NUC would be better?
(2013-03-21, 17:12)true_devil Wrote: Awesome Blu! That does sound like a good idea. Ive been looking at building the Shuttle XH61V as one of the options since bootoo posted it, am i right in thinking the NUC would be better?
In term of performance, it is depend on what you install in the Shuttle XH61V. For sure, the NUC is smaller, HDMI 1.4a, consume very little power, generate very little noise/heat, very little installation required, etc....
(2013-03-21, 17:39)bluray Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 17:12)true_devil Wrote: Awesome Blu! That does sound like a good idea. Ive been looking at building the Shuttle XH61V as one of the options since bootoo posted it, am i right in thinking the NUC would be better?
In term of performance, it is depend on what you install in the Shuttle XH61V. For sure, the NUC is smaller, consume very little power, generate very little noise/heat, very little installation required, etc....

Hmm, lots to think about, since bootoo posted his great lil build, the price of the case has shot up on all sites! Could be a coincidence, ill have to really look at both, the NUC looks great and its prices at £239 - if i wanted to run windows on it with XBMC will a 64GB ssd and 4GB RAM suffice?
(2013-03-21, 17:59)true_devil Wrote: if i wanted to run windows on it with XBMC will a 64GB ssd and 4GB RAM suffice?

Definitely. It'll format to 58-59GB and Windows will take about half that.
(2013-03-21, 18:42)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 17:59)true_devil Wrote: if i wanted to run windows on it with XBMC will a 64GB ssd and 4GB RAM suffice?

Great,I think this is the one then. I guess i loose the Disc functionality but i guess ill just have to rip. Time to go hunt for a deal!
(2013-03-21, 19:00)true_devil Wrote:
(2013-03-21, 18:42)Dougie Fresh Wrote:

Great,I think this is the one then. I guess i loose the Disc functionality but i guess ill just have to rip. Time to go hunt for a deal!
64GB for Windows is plenty, and I used to use 32GB for Windows for a long time. The nice thing about SSD is no moving part, generate no heat, quicker boot time than the standard hard drive, no noise and can be mounted using double sided tape....

If you install this "Samsung SE-506BB/TSBD 6X USB2.0 External Slim Blu-ray Writer Drive (Black)", you'll have a blu-ray burner. It's nearly the same size as blu-ray disc (very tiny). I replaced the internal optical drive with USB drive. I removed the internal optical drive because I want better air flow....
Awesome Blu, this is making the decision even harder for me..lol i guess whichever one works out the cheapest i will go for. Really appreciate yours and Dougie's input. you guy's never fail to help and support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pre-Built Group 7 HTPC, Options?0