Bug [Frodo 12.1][Linux] full path automatic scrapping issues
Hi folks,

I'm using Frodo 12.1. Before updating from EDEN (where everything worked flawlessly) to Frodo, I deleted the whole .xbmc folder to have a clean fresh install.

When I now try to scrap all interprets of my music collection at once - nevertheless which scraper I chose (Freebase, Universal Artist and so on) nothing happens - I see a fast running progress bar but nothing was scraped. But scrapping each artist individually works.

The DEBUG log contains - if trying to scrap all artists - the following lines:

Code:
ERROR: Parse: Could not find scraper function CreateArtistSearchUrl
ERROR: Run: Unable to parse web site

If scrapping each artist individually I get this

Code:
DEBUG: FindArtist: Searching for 'xy' using Universal Artist Scraper scraper (file ...)
DEBUG: scraper: CreateArtistSearchUrl returned <url> ...

Comparable errors appear when scraping movie information. Movies are scraped, but the fanart not - I have to choose fanart for every movie individually ..

Any suggestions ?

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
I discovered that there is no general assignment of a scraper even though you can set one in the options dialog - if I open the artist individually there is no preallocated scraper shown, I have to manually choose one from the list ..

This would explain why the full automatic scrapping of all artist doesn't work .. Am I the only one that has deleted the media library when updating to Frodo and tried to scrap everything form scratch ? Does it work for you ?

Greetz

LastCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
UNCHAINED Demo Group
same here - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=159990

maybe a Mod could move the reports to "XBMC General Help & Support" where more people will see it; can't believe that this is a single person problem, but this subforum could be to specific ..

Greetz

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Probably there is a bug about this, what is only popping up in case of wrong structure of your music collection.
We couldn't identify the issue as none of us can reproduce it (we all have sane structure :p).

I believe if you can identify the bugger, then someone from the team will pick it up (if it is really a bug what needs to be addressed).
Hi Olympia,

ah, okay, didn't know that there has to be a special structure; I thought the ID Tags are simply read ?

My Music collection is structered this way (directory structure): Music/Interprets/ , each Interprets directory contains files named "artist - album - title".mp3. All mp3 have right ID3 Tag information about interprets and albums too .. Albums are scrapped without problems ..

What should I change ? .. I didn't change the structure of my music collection for years and it was scrapped in Eden without problems - did there anything change in Frodo ?

Greetz

Lastcoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
I am having this same issue. All my files are ID3 tagged and I am not aware of a specific structure that is needed for music files as the last 4 years of XBMC has scraped files just fine. If I try now on newly added albums and artists using the universal scraper I get the progress just fly through or ask for the input over and over and never actually finding anything.

My structure is:

\\Nas\mp3\albums\artist\album\01 - artist - song.mp3

Surely there is nothing wrong with that.
I didn't say a specific structure is required. I said there is probably a bug what we cannot identify.
In case any of you can provide a step by step guide how to reproduce this on a fresh install (and odds are high we will need the files to reproduce as well), then it will be picked up.

As said, we cannot reproduce on our end.
(2013-03-30, 10:57)phsyraxion Wrote: I am having this same issue. All my files are ID3 tagged and I am not aware of a specific structure that is needed for music files as the last 4 years of XBMC has scraped files just fine. If I try now on newly added albums and artists using the universal scraper I get the progress just fly through or ask for the input over and over and never actually finding anything.

My structure is:

\\Nas\mp3\albums\artist\album\01 - artist - song.mp3

Surely there is nothing wrong with that.

Great to know, I strongly believe, that this is a general issue. Seems that most people simply upgraded to Frodo and didn't have to scrap lots of music again, so they didn't discover this bug till now .. but if it's a scrapper error, an API error or a XBMC error - I have no idea ..

Greetz

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Hehh, scraping on a fresh Frodo works perfectly for me...
So please, instead of any more whining on this, give us the steps to reproduce on a _FRESH_ Frodo Install.

This means:
- steps to introduce
- debug log
- file structure - Best would be to copy 2-3 artists each with 1 album to a test folder and use this
- files might me needed

So please guys, put some work into this.
He Olympia,

see my first post - that's all that can be found in the debug.log.

See my fourth post and phsyraxions post - that are our file structures - but you didn't answer, if it really depends on the file structure (why should it ?) or if ID tags are read, and you didn't care about the fact that scrapping worked flawlessly in Eden with the given files.

And I did a fresh Frodo install, i.e. deleting all .xbmc data, so all of your needs are fullfilled ..

We don't whine, we simply tell a problem, that affects more than one user .. just quoting you: "please guy, put some work into this"

Greetz

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
What??
  • I already confirmed there is no need of a specific file structure (although it's not wise as export will not work with your file structrure for example.
  • I already confirmed that probably there is a bug since the issue is affecting multiple users
  • I stated we cannot reproduce this on our end (on the other day I spent almost an hour with trying to reproduce that
  • I was asking for your help, which you obviously don't want to provide
  • ...and with your style and approach you made it: I was the only one who cared, but as from now on I will also ignore you until you don't provide what I was asking for
I have done from complete default and it appears that when I use a MYSQL database, the scraper is not being applied to all the Artists or Albums. Using the default skin I can set the Universal Scraper for the main ARTIST category but when I then view an artist and choose "Change Scraper" there is no scraper set. If I manually set it I can then scrape the artist just fine.

If I use a small test to a LOCAL database then it seems to work fine too.

Not sure what that means but will have to look further.
(2013-04-07, 10:29)phsyraxion Wrote: I have done from complete default and it appears that when I use a MYSQL database, the scraper is not being applied to all the Artists or Albums. Using the default skin I can set the Universal Scraper for the main ARTIST category but when I then view an artist and choose "Change Scraper" there is no scraper set. If I manually set it I can then scrape the artist just fine.

If I use a small test to a LOCAL database then it seems to work fine too.

Not sure what that means but will have to look further.

I can confirm same issue, on 12.1 fresh install of windows 7 64bit. As you say, scraper is not being set on Artists, if you set it manually then it's fine, but people aren't going to want to manually set 100s of Artists up.

Hope it's a quick fix, my XBMC is not as beautiful as it used to be at the moment... Love it though.
@phsyraxion, FoxTC: That's what I discovered too

@olympia: keep cool. But I simply don't know what we could provide additionally.

The BUG seems to be, that the scrapers are not set to all artists. That seems to be an internal XBMC BUG and you won't find something about it in the log files or anywhere else. It's now a job for a code review but that can't be handled by users like us.

'Cause you are a XBMC-Team member we hoped that you would care about it, i.e. give that information to the developers.

And I don't understand why you are pissed off - you told us to "do our job" - we did our job, we can't do more. But if you want to ignore the user base just do it, nobody needs users, they just disturb the developers Wink

Greetz

LastCoder
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2013-04-10, 12:33)LastCoder Wrote: The BUG seems to be, that the scrapers are not set to all artists. That seems to be an internal XBMC BUG and you won't find something about it in the log files or anywhere else. It's now a job for a code review but that can't be handled by users like us.

OK, I try one more (last) time.

XBMC set the scraper for me on all artists. I am using this regularly on a daily basis and it works perfectly. That's where I am saying I can't reproduce. So you need to tell us, how to reproduce and then I might be able to get some dev attention to it.

It doesn't help that you are saying the above if it works for use and the majority of the users. We need to figure out why it is not working for you.

In order to get to the same platform you must install a fresh XBMC instance and do some tests with only 2-3 artists (each with only one album) as I asked you multiple times already. In case the problem pops up, let the files available to me alongside with the folder structure. Too much to ask? Because I haven't seen any feedback on this so I am not sure what are you referring to when you are saying you've done your job.

e.g. if you are using mysql for the Db it is a very important information. Does it mean that your observation is the same as phsyraxion's, you are using mysql too?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Frodo 12.1][Linux] full path automatic scrapping issues0