Win Slow TV / Movie listing in Windows, apple TV works
Greetings all

Windows 7 Ultimate - SP1 - 64 bit.
AMD Athlon 64X2 5000+ - 2.60 Ghz - no overclock
3 Gb DDR2 5300 RAM
GForce 8400 GS - Driver 314.07

Connected via wireless connection, but problem doesn't change when I disable my wireless adaptor and run hard wired.

Library on a separate linux box running mysql 5.1. DB user with full rights.

Fresh install of Windows, nothing else currently running.

Fresh install of XBMC, Frodo, 12.0 (git 20130127-fb595f2)

Here's what I'm seeing. The main menu is fine, plenty fluid and about 60 fps. Memory has at generally 1-2GB free at any time. CPU reached 60% once, generally hovers around 30-40%. When I open the system menu, I have no issues. When I attempt to open the videos window, the main menu disappears, and the system seems to pause or hang for right at about 30 seconds. Scrolling through TV shows list or Movies list is fluid once it opens, but when I attempt to open a TV series, I again get the pause. During this time, I at least get a "working" dialogue, but that too pauses / hangs after a few seconds, and then the entire thing hangs again for 10-15 seconds. I also have this pause when I right click on a season or episode, or when I mark an episode as watched. I also have this pause when I try and play a file.

Programs, pictures, and system menus all behave as expected.

I assume there's some sort of slow down between the windows box and my mysql DB, but I can't seem to find it.

Setting dirty regions to 1 does not change this behavior.

I also have an Apple TV2 running the same release, using an identical advancedsettings.xml file, also hard wired, and it does not experience this slow down / pause at all.

In my log, I start xbmc, open the TV Shows list (by title), then open a series, then mark an episode as watched, then home button, then exit xbmc.

xbmc.log : http://pastebin.com/mbWLAKrQ

Any ideas? Thanks!
bump - additional info: reinstall doesn't help. Also, removing the userdata folder doesn't help.

edit: just updated both apple TV and Windows to 12.1 - build 20130317-0d373cc. No change. Setting a 60 episode series to watched took roughly 90 seconds.

New log from 12.1 below. In this log, I open xbmc (about 36 seconds), navigate to the TV Shows library, and open it (25 second pause), select a series and open it (30 second pause), right click on a season (7-8 second pause), mark season watched (37 seconds), back button (to tv show list, 19 second pause), back button again (to main menu (no pause)), power button (no pause), exit (22 second pause).

Going to try a new skin, since I see lots of skin related messages in my logs just before these pauses.

Log: http://pastebin.com/uXiYT0me

edit 2: interesting note: when the pause happens, my cpu usage / memory usage / fps overlay from logging being on also completely freezes. Not sure if this is expected behavior or not.
bump; again? changing skins did nothing. Except maybe slow it down some.
bump, again
today's bump. Updated to the nvidia drivers that were released a day or two ago. No change.
The problem is for sure some setting in Windows, that's causing a delay with reading the mysql library. I set-up xbmc identically on my mac, works as expected with no slow downs.

If i remove advanced settings, I can navigate my smb shares via files just fine. It's only when mysql is involved that I see the issue.

Nothing that I can see in mysql logs, nothing I can see in syslog on the mysql host, nothing I can see in debug log above. Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow TV / Movie listing in Windows, apple TV works0