Official Repo causing instant crash
Since you didn't read your self too

Quote:some people need to work or something where they cannot test this
^^thats me so i use the same excuse as you then that i am not near me XBMC boxes/dev machine

Quote:I mean, you do work here don't you
and what has that to do with anything? are you paying me or something?

posted logs are NOT CRASHLOGS which were asked.

Perhaps some one else has more decency to provide better info like this user who gave some more useful info
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1372018
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes I get a crash trying to install... Youtube channels... instant freeze, debug was on, but no debug... nor crash report. Tried twice.

Windows leaves this:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: XBMC.exe
Application Version: 12.1.0.0
Application Timestamp: 51461cf6
Fault Module Name: XBMC.exe
Fault Module Version: 12.1.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 51461cf6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0079a837
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8b6e
Additional Information 2: 8b6ee97eab4d3115825a63ca3b2e5906
Additional Information 3: f657
Additional Information 4: f6576a92ba28d006871803fb991ede3d

FWIW: I did install the video add-on DIY with sucess, second try. I'll attempt a proper crash or log if I can get one. I'm set to manually updating.
Likely issue located and solved. Will take time to propagate through the server.
Strange stuff... I deleted the userlog to be sure I was dealing with this issue (debug on) and there's no rebuild of the userlog. restarted half dozen times with debug on and off.... something weird here.
(2013-03-20, 19:27)Martijn Wrote: Since you didn't read your self too

Quote:some people need to work or something where they cannot test this
^^thats me so i use the same excuse as you then that i am not near me XBMC boxes/dev machine

Quote:I mean, you do work here don't you
and what has that to do with anything? are you paying me or something?

posted logs are NOT CRASHLOGS which were asked.

Perhaps some one else has more decency to provide better info like this user who gave some more useful info
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1372018

What does paying you have to do with it Marty? C'mon, you sound so unreasonable, you volunteer here, if I go to the "goodwill store/soup kitchen/work experience kid" I don't expect to be spoken to like crap just because I don't technically pay their wage.

You just don't see how unreasonable you are bing and hypocritical as you are in the same position as me (unable o get to a box) yet you're still making out tht I'm the bad guy Big Grin

Go home Marty, your drunk Tongue

Edit:
Glad you found the problem, does that mean the "logs or it didn't happen" post was uncalled for meaning I was indeed correct that the xbmc repo was causing all my installations to crash... So it did happen Big Grin

Edit 2:
Hilarious Big Grin...After all that screaming for a log... Xbmc didn't generate a crashlog for this fault... LMAO well done Marty... Well done Big Grin
no it was still called for as we needed it to find out what the problem was. Some one on OSX did post a crashlog which led us to the fix
(2013-03-20, 21:05)Martijn Wrote: no it was still called for as we needed it to find out what the problem was. Some one on OSX did post a crashlog which led us to the fix

I wasn't on OSX though and you knew that, as I listed my OS in the initial post Big Grin

Point proven,
Just be a little less trigger happy and less abrasive next time!
You are not always right Big Grin

I think the Advice Mallard would have something to say here :p
(2013-03-20, 21:10)PatrickBateman Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 21:05)Martijn Wrote: no it was still called for as we needed it to find out what the problem was. Some one on OSX did post a crashlog which led us to the fix

I wasn't on OSX though and you knew that, as I listed my OS in the initial post Big Grin

Point proven,

My point is some one else DID post a crashlog like was asked so no point proven at all.

But hey, whatever. We found it thx to some one else and whatever that "Advice Mallard" is he can go some where else.

So let's stop this nonsense since you won't get your right from me since you aren't.

Important part is repo should be ok pretty soon.
(2013-03-20, 21:15)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-03-20, 21:10)PatrickBateman Wrote:

Point proven,

My point is some one else DID post a crashlog like was asked so no point proven at all.

But hey, whatever. We found it thx to some one else and whatever that "Advice Mallard" is he can go some where else.

So let's top this nonsense since you won't get your right from me since you aren't.

Source... Who posted the log file? What user? Where?

Plus I couldn't have helped post a log by definition, but I did post the thread for the exact issue and gave th community somewhere to place logs, test, report issues, made YOU aware etc... I took the time to bring it you YOUR attention.

You're welcome!

Also, how is screaming and stomping your feet, for a log file (that couldnt be generated anyway) from a user who merely posted a bug, prior to leaving the house or work, even remotely useful or even acceptable behaviour?

You embarrassed yourself there Marty, it's like being jobs worth just for the sake of it... C'mon mate, your better than that... Aren't you?

Try and be nice, it seems few folk are taking offence to you here lately. It can't be everyone else fault can't it? Everyone else is wrong... Really... That's a terrible attitude to have in life, I hope that doesn't carry on afk.

Anyway, the mallard would set you straight, I'm sure! He's not to be messed with Big Grin

Your welcome for the heads up,

But remember, be less abrasive, less trigger happy, less obstructive, less abusive, less like a jobs worth and don't shout and scream for things that WE CANT GIVE YOU ANYWAY Rofl = more helpful team member and happer community that works WITH the team and no against it.

Enjoy your evening x

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Official Repo causing instant crash0