[WIP] Quantum
With the next update, there will be a new font that covers the most languages​​.
Unfortunately the skin always crashes xbmc when selecting music in the home screen.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
The skin looks good but I can't try it. It's listed as broken in the repo, even though I have all the required add-ons.

Any ideas? I'm running Openelec 2.99.5
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2013-03-25, 23:26)Bram77 Wrote: Unfortunately the skin always crashes xbmc when selecting music in the home screen.

have you ever a log when it crashes

(2013-03-26, 12:02)minimoe Wrote: The skin looks good but I can't try it. It's listed as broken in the repo, even though I have all the required add-ons.

should not be.
must gaze times why this is so

gives the skin on it too http://www.superrepo.org/skin.quantum/
Hi Jugger,

nice skin, would like to see more view options on simple file lists (panel, wall ..)

But the LiveTV section is really superb !!!! Next to reFocus skin one of the best sections available in a skin atm ! Hope it will be used as a reference for other skins ! Most skins just copy confluence pvr section - which is okay - but the way you did it gives a real added value ! Especially the channel overview is great, many information at a glance; timeline is good to - would like to see some nicer colors for different program types ..

Greetz

LastCoder

PS: didn't register any crashes ...
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
Is it 1920x1080?
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2013-03-26, 21:53)LastCoder Wrote: Hi Jugger,

nice skin, would like to see more view options on simple file lists (panel, wall ..)

Thank you
working on it

(2013-03-28, 05:38)bandelguy Wrote: Is it 1920x1080?

Yes
(2013-03-26, 13:37)Jugger75 Wrote:
(2013-03-26, 12:02)minimoe Wrote: The skin looks good but I can't try it. It's listed as broken in the repo, even though I have all the required add-ons.

should not be.
must gaze times why this is so

gives the skin on it too http://www.superrepo.org/skin.quantum/

Thanks for the tip, it's working now.

A few things I did not like:
- The fonts of the horizontal main menu is too small. Have you considered making them bigger or bolder?
- In SmartRightList the title of the TV shows should be in different font or colour. As it is now, it is difficult to distinguish title from description.
- There should be an option to disable Movie Tip.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2013-03-28, 13:13)minimoe Wrote: A few things I did not like:
- The fonts of the horizontal main menu is too small. Have you considered making them bigger or bolder?
- In SmartRightList the title of the TV shows should be in different font or colour. As it is now, it is difficult to distinguish title from description.

- Right ListView will be revised in the next update
- Tip: What should then be there for
- font already larger, even greater?
(2013-03-28, 14:59)Jugger75 Wrote:
(2013-03-28, 13:13)minimoe Wrote: A few things I did not like:
- Tip: What should then be there for
- font already larger, even greater?

You could set the skin to display 2 or 3 more recent items when the Movie Tip is switched off.

About the main menu font, you could try a bold font. The current one works well for the vertical home menu because there is a wide background.
The horizontal menu is a thin stripe and the menu items don't stand out as much,
Update 1.0.5

- Fixed error in MyVideoNav.xml
- Right ListView revised
- Info, posters, logo support for Movie Sets (requires script.extendedinfo by Phil65)
- Movie Tip can be switched off
- Music Video Cover Widgets .. resized
- MultiView and Right ListView also for music videos
(2013-03-28, 13:13)minimoe Wrote: You could set the skin to display 2 or 3 more recent items when the Movie Tip is switched off.

should go now Wink
Thanks for that. I have decided that I prefer the vertical menu over the horizontal though Smile

A few notes:

- In SmartRightList view, the Genre text and format icons overlap

- The FanartCover view will look better if you resize the plot text box a little. As it is now, the top of the next line of plot text is visible
Also, I think you should align Next Episode information to the left, below the First Aired text

- At the Verical Home Menu, I can't move from the Videos menu entry to the Recent Movies posters when I press "right". It works with Movies & TV Shows.

- I think you should rename the Poster Box view. It doesn't really use posters, does it? Smile

- In the video OSD, it is better to replace the Info screen with the Pause screen and vice-versa. Now the Info screen covers a large part of the playing video.

- In Skin Settings>Home Window>Home Menu there are two identical entries. One of them should be "Vertical"

- In System, the description of the Add-ons section is in German.
(2013-04-09, 12:32)minimoe Wrote: Thanks for that. I have decided that I prefer the vertical menu over the horizontal though Smile

A few notes:

- In SmartRightList view, the Genre text and format icons overlap

- The FanartCover view will look better if you resize the plot text box a little. As it is now, the top of the next line of plot text is visible
Also, I think you should align Next Episode information to the left, below the First Aired text

- At the Verical Home Menu, I can't move from the Videos menu entry to the Recent Movies posters when I press "right". It works with Movies & TV Shows.

- I think you should rename the Poster Box view. It doesn't really use posters, does it? Smile

- In the video OSD, it is better to replace the Info screen with the Pause screen and vice-versa. Now the Info screen covers a large part of the playing video.

- In Skin Settings>Home Window>Home Menu there are two identical entries. One of them should be "Vertical"

- In System, the description of the Add-ons section is in German.

thank you

Next update will resolve all
Great Concept!
Some small things i would change / or give the option to change:

1. Add Subtitle Option from now playing menu! (this one is really important for me Wink )
2. When in homescreen and entering the right side "widget" area i would expect that navigating back to the left side with my arrow keys (or remote control) would get me back out of the widget area and back into the "main" part. but it doesn't. this somehow breaks the "flow"
3. In the recently added widget maybe don't just show the fanart for the tv episodes but the episode thumbnail. far more interesting than just the same fanart again and again.
4. maybe give the option to have just one row in the widget area instead of two rows. makes it kinda confusing which one was added last...
5. in movie viewtypes: i like the poster wall best but when pressing info on one of the movies i don't really like that menu. its very big and it would be nice to have the poster embedded in it aswell. the right side just seems to have an unatural space Sad
6. options menu seems a bit too big. you have to scroll through a lot of space to get to where you want to be. maybe arrange the menus differently to get to where you want to go faster instead of having to scroll through a lot of menus to get to the one you want.
7. in viewtype smartrightlist maybe have the selected show/movie in the middle and not at the top. seems nicer on the eyes imho.
8. extra bonus request: add a new tvshow viewtype. i still find the way alaska handled tvshows the best way ever using banners going vertically down the screen. also using this for the episode info.
check this video at about 1:22 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBBIuEQv2C8
minimalistic beautifull and functional. if you could add a viewtype like that i would be super pleased!

this may sound like a lot of critic but i really like where this skin is heading! since alaska has no pvr function i've been searching for a new no nonsense minimalistic looking skin and yours so far is the closest i've got! i really really like it!
keep up the great work! thanks a lot!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Quantum5