Win7 - audio issues
Hi, since version 12 came out, I have issues with an audio. I have occasional audio freezes or "hiccups" during playback (movies, mp3s, flacs...) I used analog cable for connection from my zotaz zbox (AMD version) to amp (stereo only). I tried every combination of settings, I went through all FAQ and I searched all possible threads here, without any luck. I even changed my audio device - now I'm using Fiio D3 and optical output, but still with same issues. Even 12.1 didn't help. I'm starting to be desperate and I'm seriously thinking about to roll back to Eden. Any help? Should I use any specific drivers with my new DAC, because there aren't any provided by fiio.
Have you try exactly as shown in my screenshot below?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yes. Before I got Fiio I used exactly same sattings, but with boost volume
The screenshot from bluray is as basic as it gets - you'll need to give some info on your setup (hardware-wise) and a Debug Log.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Ok, here it is: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6009

any thoughts are welcomed
Read your log and a few things pop up to correct/cleanup, but don't seem directly related to your issue.

Check the advancedsettings.xml file (or show us its contents):

Code:
18:28:39 T:4376   ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 28
45.                                            Error reading end tag.

Disable the screensaver as a test:

Code:
18:35:56 T:4504   ERROR: Failed to run the gc to clean up after running prior to shutting down the Interpreter C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\default.py
18:35:56 T:4504 WARNING: The python script "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\screensaver.xbmc.slideshow\default.py" has left several classes in memory that we couldn't clean up. The classes include: WindowXMLDialog,Window,Monitor

Check that you are using true fullscreen (not a fullscreen window) in Settings>Video>Playback.

You may want to try a clean install by renaming your userdata ("special") folder and restarting XBMC, then repost your log.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
So I tried clean install, turned off screensaver. Without any change. Here is new log :

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=6705

There is one warning about audio buffer - what does it mean?

One thing I didn't mention before - there is difference when I change audio device - with wasapi there is a short (maybe 0,3s) gap without audio randomly, with direct audio its more like occasional freeze in audio.
Since you are using Fiio D3, you might want to try the combination below. Frodo might still recognize your audio output as SPDIF. With SPDIF, I found that Realtek work very good with it. You can download it from here "Downloads", and give it a try too....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I used Realtek drivers and it's slightly better, but it's still there. Yesterday I tried to install openELEC to SD card - everything is working flawlessly, boot is much faster, so I'll test it for a while and will see...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Win7 - audio issues0