Some Sets not showing up
ok I have been using XBMC for years now and am pretty familiar with it. I know about the sets button ect I know about NFO files ect..

but my issue is XBMC will not group certain movies in a set, all my folders and the files are built the same to they if one works they should all work and vice versa, I have made sure that the titles and the medadata all match the database and it does.

out of the 120 kids movies the following do not get put in a set

DORA
SESAME Street
Go Diego Go
Blues Clue

but these do put in the sets

cars
Atlantis
Barbie
Cinderella
leap from
star wars

and that's just a few

I thought I read somewhere that the moviedB does not recognize some movies a sets so when XBMC updates it wont group them in sets. Is this right?

I thought if I made NFO file that that would work but nope it still does not put them in their own set.

So am I completely out of luck or is there another way to make these movies in sets. I tried using the universal scraper as well and NADA that made things worse. I am using confluence modified and have a tab on the main menu titled kids that pulls from a playlist that that has my kids movies in it.

suggestions?
To be clear, you only have one <set> flag for each nfo, correct?

Sometimes, depending on the scraper, I've seen two <set> flags created. However, sometime the first one is blank (like <set></set>), and since XBMC can only use one set flag, it will not put the movie in a set.

Check those files for extra <set> flags.

XBMC will default to local .nfo data before internet scraping, so you can always remove the movie from the DB and update it again when you make a change.
yes I have only one set
Any luck?

I have the exact same problem. Want to put all my kids movies in the same collection.

English: <set>Cartoons</set>

Danish: <set>Tegnefilm</set>

I use Media Center Master to index and make my NFO files. All the kids movies are in the same folder named "Tegnefilm" and Media Center Master makes an NFO file and puts the <set> tag corresponding to the folder name.
Having changed the .nfo in the folder and added the <set>Cartoons</set> flag.... XBMC will still not add them to your 'Cartoons' set until you re-scrape locally.... i.e. go to the folder, hit movie information, hit the re-scrape button, at which point XBMC should have recognized a valid .nfo and presented you with a requester 'local information found' 'ignore and refresh from the internet' at this point a denial will pick up the local .nfo including your edited 'set' flag.... If you didn't see this, then XBMC is not recognizing your .nfo (3rd party stuff does that sometimes).

The real rub is that if you should re-scrape from the internet, your set flag will be lost as it will be overwritten by the database information. I'm hoping this will settle out your issue.
I deleted all databases in xbmc and rescraped all of it overnight, the other night.

To no avail. That's why I came here for som advise because it doesn't make sence.
If you deleted the database and re-scraped, and your customs sets are not custom....then XBMC took the media data from the internet and didn't see your custom .nfo, there's something odd/non standard in your folders (probably a setting in Ember) and XBMC bypasses the folder and goes straight for the internet again.

1) use a text editor on one of your custom .nfo files.. ensure you have the set flagged

2) Do a manual refresh on your custom .nfo with the custom 'set', did it take locally... or auto magically went for internet?

3) Check your sets, it should have turned up, unless of course it went online and overwrote the .nfo
This is a standard NFO file for Ice age. All the nfo's looks like this in the setup:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
    <title>Ice Age</title>
    <originaltitle>Ice Age</originaltitle>
    <sorttitle>Ice Age (2002 7.5)</sorttitle>
    <set>Tegnefilm</set>
    <rating>7,5</rating>
    <year>2002</year>
    <top250></top250>
    <votes>175178</votes>
    <outline>Set during the Ice Age, a sabertooth tiger, a sloth, and a wooly mammoth find a lost human infant, and they try to return him to his tribe.</outline>
    <plot>For 20.000 år siden var en ny istid på vej og alle vegne forsøger dyr at flygte fra denne trussel. Da et menneskebarn er blevet væk fra sin far, slår dovendyret Sid, mammutten Manny, tigeren Diego og egern Scrat pjalterne sammen og trods naturens rasende elementer for at bringe dem sammen igen.</plot>
    <tagline>The Coolest Event In 16,000 Years.</tagline>
    <certification>Switzerland:6 (canton of the Grisons) / Denmark:A  / Iceland:L  / Malaysia:U  / Australia:G  / USA:PG (Approved No. 38658) / Portugal:M/6  / New Zealand:PG  / Norway:7  / USA:TV-G (Fox Movie Channel) / USA:TV-PG (ABC Family) / USA:TV-Y7 (Disney Channel) / Argentina:Atp  / Brazil:Livre  / Canada:G  / Finland:K-7  / France:U  / Germany:o.Al.  / Hong Kong:I  / India:U  / Netherlands:AL  / Peru:PT  / Philippines:G  / Singapore:G  / South Korea:All  / Spain:T  / Sweden:7  / Switzerland:7 (canton of Geneva) / Switzerland:7 (canton of Vaud) / UK:U  / Indonesia:SU  / Poland:b.o. (TV rating)</certification>
    <runtime>81</runtime>
    <country>USA</country>
    <thumb>http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/7vYhg6vQnLlNC2zMUUO8CZG3rd8.jpg</thumb>
    <mpaa>Rated PG for mild peril (Approved No. 38658)</mpaa>
    <playcount></playcount>
    <watched></watched>
    <id>tt0268380</id>
    <id moviedb="imdb">tt0268380</id>
    <id moviedb="tmdb">425</id>
    <id moviedb="themoviedb">425</id>
    <filenameandpath></filenameandpath>
    <trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&amp;videoid=CZShn0PZiYU</trailer>
    <genre>Animation</genre>
    <genre>Adventure</genre>
    <genre>Comedy</genre>
    <genre>Family</genre>
    <studio>Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation</studio>
    <credits>Michael Berg / Michael J. Wilson / Peter Ackerman</credits>
    <fileinfo></fileinfo>
    <director>Chris Wedge</director>
    <actor>
        <name>Ray Romano</name>
        <role>Manfred</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>John Leguizamo</name>
        <role>Sid</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Denis Leary</name>
        <role>Diego</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Goran Visnjic</name>
        <role>Soto</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Jack Black</name>
        <role>Zeke</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Cedric The Entertainer</name>
        <role>Carl</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Stephen Root</name>
        <role>Frank</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Diedrich Bader</name>
        <role>Saber-Toothed Tiger</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Alan Tudyk</name>
        <role>Lenny</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Lorri Bagley</name>
        <role>Jennifer</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Jane Krakowski</name>
        <role>Rachel</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Peter Ackerman</name>
        <role>Dodo</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>P.J. Benjamin</name>
        <role>Dodo</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Josh Hamilton</name>
        <role>Dodo</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Chris Wedge</name>
        <role>Dodo</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Denny Dillon</name>
        <role>Glyptodon</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Mitzi McCall</name>
        <role>Glyptodont</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Tara Strong</name>
        <role>Baby Moeritherium (voice)</role>
    </actor>
    <actor>
        <name>Dann Fink</name>
        <role>Dodo</role>
    </actor>
    <fileinfo>
        <streamdetails>
            <audio>
                <channels>2</channels>
                <codec>MP3</codec>
            </audio>
            <video>
                <aspect>1.792</aspect>
                <codec>MPEG-4</codec>
                <durationinseconds>4675</durationinseconds>
                <height>384</height>
                <language></language>
                <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
                <width>688</width>
            </video>
        </streamdetails>
    </fileinfo>
</movie>

BTW I'm using the Universal Scraper in XBMC. Could that have something to do with it not finding the right nfo or whatever?
I used the Universal Scraper and it used your NFO file and added the file to the set Tegnefilm.
I guess the NFO file is named exactly the same as the video file?
I don't see a problem with your .nfo posted, and as user 'asiuhas' pointed out, it should show up in sets. Manually scraping with XBMC is the meta data recognized or does it auto-magically connect with the web?
I use an auto-updater which looks for changes every 4th hour. Now after several days it's beginning to put the cartoons in the right set.

Haven't touched anything these past days. But not all cartoons is indexed the right way, think I'll wait a couple more days and see what happens ;-)
When you need help, there's a presumption that you will follow the suggestions to a conclusion, so those trying to help get a better understanding of what is going on. Jumping to 3rd party programs etc.. is not what most of us use (and is probably the source of many misunderstandings ) that's why there is a kinda set way in which to present your issue (debug included). I'm glad things are working out, hopefully in the future should problems arise you really need to look at some of the stickies at the head of the forum. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Sets not showing up0