Frodo 12.1 loses audio when switching receiver back to Mac
The same problem that was in Frodo 12.0: when I switch my receiver away from my Mac Mini and then back again my audio does not work. I have to either cycle through the audio output devices in settings – system, or restart XBMC to re-enable UI sounds or file audio playback. Sometimes this isn't necessary, but most of the time it is.

I don't know if this is related to the other Mac audio bugs that are in 12.1. I was running nightlies in between 12.0 and 12.1, and those nightlies worked fine. I guess I'll switch back to that pre-12.1 nightly until newer nightlies address this and are working again.
Are you using "built-in output" as your default device in Settings -> System -> Audio output?
No
Nightlies have the fix - 12.1 not because it was to major iirc. Its about using the "default" output to make it work.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-03-22, 10:01)quaternio Wrote: No

Then try that.

(2013-03-22, 12:38)Memphiz Wrote: Nightlies have the fix - 12.1 not because it was to major iirc. Its about using the "default" output to make it work.

It's in 12.1. I just checked, and it's also a bullet point on the blog post announcement as one of the fixes.
Ohh ok ... then i don't know why ist not working for the OP.

@quaternio - ensure that you have selected "Default" as output device.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Will do, thanks for the heads up.
(2013-03-22, 16:34)Memphiz Wrote: Ohh ok ... then i don't know why ist not working for the OP.

I have the same problem of losing sound when switching away and then back to the mini in Frodo 12.0. My Mini is set to 48000, 2 channel and XBMC is set to use 2 channel passthrough. But when I use built-in instead of HDMI I there is no sound (although I can hear it coming from my MacMini's built-in speaker).
(2013-03-24, 13:26)jopie Wrote:
(2013-03-22, 16:34)Memphiz Wrote: Ohh ok ... then i don't know why ist not working for the OP.

I have the same problem of losing sound when switching away and then back to the mini in Frodo 12.0. My Mini is set to 48000, 2 channel and XBMC is set to use 2 channel pastethrough. But when I use built-in instead of HDMI I there is no sound (although I can hear it coming from my MacMini's built-in speaker).

In OS X's sound preferences, make sure that is set to HDMI.
I'm also having the same issues with Audio. ( will upload log later, at work) I have a new Mac Mini, 2012 (i5 4g of ram, baee model) set up with HDMI to AVR VSX-1022. then HDMI to TV. Midi settings is at the 48k and 2 channel 16bit. Audio output HDMI, Speaker configuration is at 2.0 Dolby Digital, DTS, AAC and LPCM is all checked. And Audio Default is at HDMI. if I do Default, it switches to Airplay. System Preferences is also set at HDMI.

My issue is that I can watch a movie the sound will play through the AVR correctly, but when I go to the next show or movie no sound. if I exit I would have to move through the fields to make the sound comeback. (GUI sounds enabled) I also can't play system sounds or alerts.

I looked at all the info that I can find, and I haven't found anything will resolve my issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks
which version of xbmc are you running
My impression is that the problem is much worse in Frodo than it was in Eden. In Eden it would happen sporadically in Frodo 12.1 (which is what I am using; no nightly updates) it seems to happen every time and is much harder to set right. Last night it happened again and quitting XBMC and restarting it did not make any difference, the sound was still gone. I checked the Audio Midi setup, but that was still ok (44000, 2 channel, 16bit). The only thing that worked was restarting the mini. It kind of spoils the family fun when you are all ready to watch something and then this happens.
12.1 definitely made things worse. Now after resuming from suspend i always have to quit and relaunch XBMC, before that, no audio. And sometimes even that is not enough, i have to start playing a video (without audio) bring up the video osd and cycle sound outputs and the audio comes back.

10.8.2 or is it already 10.8.3? 2010 Mini with Nvidia, midi setup 2ch 16bit, audio output set to Default.

Sorry, no logs for now.
I just wonder if any of you guys also updated from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3. I say this because a 'mystery' problem that I was having somehow got resolved after the update. Also running 12.1 and so far haven't encountered any issues. Am still using an odd combination of Optical as the output device and hdmi as the sound device or whatever the bottom setting is.

All in all, hdmi, mac, your tv hardware and xbmc is a tight combination and I wouldn't change/update xbmc or os if you have a happy combination going.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2013-03-27, 01:58)Memphiz Wrote: which version of xbmc are you running

I'm running 12.1 & 10.8.2

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo 12.1 loses audio when switching receiver back to Mac0