ProLogic and HDMI
With my 2012 MacMini, XBMC outputs all stereo and multichannel audio files as 8CH over HDMI. This is a problem for 2.0 ProLogic II encoded files as I can't decode the ProLogic since my receiver thinks it's getting a 7.1 multichannel signal. Is there a way to send 2.0 stereo files as 2CH rather than 8CH so my receiver can apply Pro Logic (without going into system settings and constantly changing back and forth)?

Thanks!

EDIT:
I just noticed that xvid files with 2.0 mp3 soundtracks DO output to the receiver as 2CH. It's mp4 files with 2.0 AAC soundtracks that output as 8CH.
Set the speaker config in osx sudio midi Setup to 2 channel stereo and keep the speaker config of xbmc to what you really have (e.x. 5.1). Also deactivate LPCM.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Disabling LPCM did the trick. Thanks!!
Where do you disable linear PCM? Thanks
I am having the same issue.

How do you disable PCM? When I play something that is encoded with Dolby Digital or DTS it shows that on my receiver but anything that is 2 channel it shows PCM and only plays on the left and right channel.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ProLogic and HDMI0