Bundle of starter questions.
I just started using XBMC for windows,and i find it super useful. Although i will need to personalize some tweaks to make it the perfect tool it can be!

-Is there a keyboard shortcut that will always go back to the home screen at once, without having to backtrack to all those screens?
-If i play a file and i close it for whatever reason, does XBMC remember the position it left at?
-Can i add a custom screensaver in video format? I have a plasma TV, that cant be left with static images cause it will create artifact. I have a video file with snowy noise, and i need it to play if the movie is paused for 2 mins, or i'm left on the menu for 2mins.
-Can i set an override standby rule? I have set my laptop to go into standby when i close my lid if it doesnt draw power, but nothing to happen when it is plugged on the charger. I need to set a rule, that it wont go into standby when xbmc.exe is running no matter if i'm on battery or charging.
-Can you set the Start Screen to something else than the default options (Video,Music,Program,Setting,etc)? I set a folder to scan and named it TV Series. Can i set XBMC to always open there for example?
1. You can add a shortcut to Home Window in the keyboard.xml file. Example: <h mod="ctrl">XBMC.ActivateWindow(home)</h> which will show home screen using CTRL+H.

2. Yes.
1. Yep thanx, works perfectly
2. That's not whats happening to me. If i stop it, it marks file as watched. Could that be because i'm using an external player? I have set media player classic to take over files.
Resume is not supported for external players.
Ok so then i have to search for a way that the external player remember the positions after i leave a file

Another question i got, is how do you stop files when you select play from here? I did so for a series to see what this feature was, and it kept playing the next file. How do you stop that?
(2013-03-23, 11:48)therock003 Wrote: Ok so then i have to search for a way that the external player remember the positions after i leave a file

You can specify in MPC-HC that it remember your position in videos, so it will resume when you restart the file. Go to Options > Player > Check 'Keep History of Recently Opened Files' and 'Remember File Position'.

Quote:Another question i got, is how do you stop files when you select play from here? I did so for a series to see what this feature was, and it kept playing the next file. How do you stop that?

Yes, I'd like to know that too. It seems the "play from here" playlist should be deleted if you stop the play process, but instead you have to go through all the remaining files.

If that can't be fixed with external players, is there a way to specify that the internal XBMC player would be used with "Play from here"? Or would it have the same 'play-em-all-or-die' problem?
(2013-03-30, 20:55)pagali Wrote: [quote='therock003' pid='1375064' dateline='1364032137']Ok so then i have to search for a way that the external player remember the positions after i leave a file

You can specify in MPC-HC that it remember your position in videos, so it will resume when you restart the file. Go to Options > Player > Check 'Keep History of Recently Opened Files' and 'Remember File Position'.

Yes i later found out about that option as well. But is there a way for mpc to remember position using filenames rather than absolute paths for this option? Cause my drive sometimes changes letters and this disrupts the remember file position. If it only mapped position to plain filenames then everything would be good.

Also if i play a file with external player and i stop it for whatever reason, it is marked as watched even if it played for 5 deconds. Is there a way to remedy this?
Is there a way to set mark as watched manually and restrict XBMC from doing it automatically after a file has finished?
"W" is the key to mark stuff as watched manually and no, I dont think you cant stop XBMC from doing it automatically.

If my replies help you, please click on my reputation Image below :) thanks :)
See this thread about stopping XBMC from marking them as watched: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138748

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bundle of starter questions.0