How do i play videos automatically from
i have been messing around with my xbmc config and i have searched the forums for this. can anyone point me 2 a turtorial that tells me how to make videos auto play on xbmc when i start my xbox up? thanks 4 the help
try autoexec.py
Sad 
but where to you place that autoexe.py file and how does it find the video(s) to play.
the easiest way by far is to make a playlist of videos you would like to play upon startup and then use the script called auto start manager,which is availible on xbmcscripts.com or you can download direct using the script downloader in your xbmc scripts file. this makes playing anything at startup very easy as you just need to select the correct playlist that you would like to play.
i have finally figured it out. the way the guy explained it in the .py file was out of context. but i got it. you have to have the autoexe.py file loading at the exact same time as the scripts are booted so you need to stick it in q:/dashboard/scripts. i changed the movie that it would load up that's called xboxani.wmv. i made a 10 min clip of 6 different trailers put them together and named it xboxani.wmv. now i have a startup video all the time.

i could have done the playlist thing but i didn't want to have to select anything when i booted it up. i wanted video or music to start as soon as xbmc booted so that people around me could see what you can do with the box itself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do i play videos automatically from0