• 3(current)
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod
great mudislander, if you do that with the submenu's there is no need to hide it.
raises another question as i'm using your skin on the pi, hide powerbutton an option ?
Thx
Nice mod. But I don't really like or want to see the number of shows/movies/watched and so on on the home screen. I don't think you can disable that.
(2013-04-03, 10:47)asiuhas Wrote: Nice mod. But I don't really like or want to see the number of shows/movies/watched and so on on the home screen. I don't think you can disable that.

Try this toggle switch Smile

(2013-04-02, 22:40)DvZ73 Wrote: great mudislander, if you do that with the submenu's there is no need to hide it.
raises another question as i'm using your skin on the pi, hide powerbutton an option ?
Thx

Okay will add it in. Don't know how long this mod will run on a Pi for though - it's aimed at "more macho machines" Anyway as this is the 2nd request to remove the power button - I'll have a look - can't promise anything though.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Sorry if NOOB.

I use Advanced Launcher and have set up Game emulators and games. Would like to set up GAMES as a choice on the home screen menu. I think I can do that by using the Advanced Launcher Favorite, I had already created, and set that Favorite to be one of the Main Menu buttons. That 'seems' to successfully calls up Advanced Launcher.

However, I'd like to add Sub Menu choices under the GAMES (advanced launcher) Main Menu Button. I have other Favorites that I have set up that will display all the roms for Wii games, and another favorite for N64 and and same for NES games. But I can't seem to add Favorites as a submenu choice.

So would like menu to look like this Hope this makes sense.

GAMES

WII N64 NES

If I have to hack the XLM with notepad, AM a rookie but willing to backup the original and give hacking a try

Thanks for the great skin. Had been running with Eden for a while with Confluence Lite. Liked it but knew I needed to upgrade, since development / add-ons will all be Frodo, in the future. Knowing your skin was available, was what gave me confidence to upgrade.

Thanks
ATM Away from home. Try looking at Hybrid in official repo, may suit your needs better.

i really like this mod. stays true to confluence, but just adds some missing skin features.
really great...thank you! Smile
(2013-04-04, 07:43)blubserl Wrote: i really like this mod. stays true to confluence, but just adds some missing skin features.

Trying to remain true to Confluence, but the dark side is strong Big Grin

(2013-04-04, 13:49)Mudislander Wrote:
(2013-04-04, 07:43)blubserl Wrote: i really like this mod. stays true to confluence, but just adds some missing skin features.

Trying to remain true to Confluence, but the dark side is strong Big Grin

yeah i bet it is you have the people who like the default confluence but feel it is missing a few things and on the other side you have Hybrid which is at the other extreme a lot of features but lacks some of the simplicity and look of the old confluence Smile
You hit it on the head, also I'm my own worst enemy. Going to need people to shout out when this Mod looks like straying too far from Confluence Wink

I really like the interface of the default Confluence skin; I really like the fact that it runs well on anything (which is why it's the default I suppose, durr...); I don't use it because I can't customise menus.
Confluence but with customisable menus (like your mod) and customisable sub-menus (a la hybrid, or something like Toiva's mod) and not a lot else would be perfect for low-powered devices.
I'm alternating between Toiva's mod and Hybrid at the moment (both with everything turned off!!!) on my pis, and using the same but with more stuff enabled on the pc - to keep a consistent experience for The Boss.

Anyway, after that ramble I suppose I'm asking if you're thinking of adding custom sub-menus to this (fingers crossed Wink).
I suppose since I've called the Mod "Customizable" we should give the submenus some sort of choice Smile I'll see what I can do.

Option to Hide Submenus & Power Button added to Git Version - Will Update Repo over weekend

Hi,

I may have found a problem in the way you handle custom backgrounds for each menus.

I noticed a poor quality to the background i tried to set to one for a menu. After a few tests, it seems that the image displayed is not the one that was the chosen, but the thumbnail created when the picture was chosen.

An easy way to reproduce the problem : chose a custom background for one of your menu, then delete it from the physical drive. The background is still (poorly) displayed. Then go to the Thumbnails dir (in userdata), and remove the last 2 thumbnails generated. The background is not displayed anymore, and you get something like this in the log file :

16:47:30 T:2741478496 ERROR: COMXImage::ReadFile special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/a/aa126701.jpg not found
16:47:30 T:2741478496 ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/a/aa126701.jpg

Don't know if i made myself clear, if not don't hesitate to tell me :-)

FYI, i'm using Frodo on OpenElec 3.0 for Raspberry Pi.

Thanks for your help, and cheers for the great job you made!
That is a problem with the way XBMC works. A way round it would be to make a folder inside the the skin folders eg "XBMC\addons\skin.confluence.custom.mod\backgrounds\homescreen" copy your images there and then point to that image for your background.

XBMC does not cache the skin folders.

I think I tried this, with no luck. Will try it tomorrow to be sure.

Just a note though : the original confluence theme offers the possibility to add a custom background, which wiil be used for all the menus. If you run my test (delete the image from the physical drive), the custom background won't be displayed anymore, which means that it's not the thumbnail that's used by the theme.

EDIT : I tried this morning to store one custom image in a "homescreens" directory I created in the skin.confluence.custom.mod dir, and I confirm that the behaviour is the same : the thumbnail is used as background, not the image itself.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod11