Question about the Thumbnail folder.
I have an issue and it's driving me nuts.
I wanted to change a logo for a movie (was using SD version but I made a HD version for it). So after a while the logo changes to what I want but if I play the video, whenever I stop it it reverts back to the old logo.
I figured I would go in the Thumbnail folder, look for it under the letter C, as the movie is Cube, but of course I found out all the thumbs have random letters or numbers for name.
Is there any way to know where the freakin logo I want to delete is?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
What "logo" is this? Do you mean the cover art for the movie? If so, then how was it scanned? Did you have an image there (e.g. folder.jpg, <moviename>-poster.jpg) that you updated?

Basically, if all you did was copy over a file that was already on disk inside the movie folder, then all you need do is wait. XBMC will detect that it's been updated and cache the new one.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Nah, I mean a logo from fanart.tv. It's named logo.png. It was downloaded using the Get Artwork option from the Aeon Nox skin.
I just want to replace it with the HD version but it always reverts back to the old .png, even though it is not in the movie folder so I thought if I delete it from the Thumbnail folder it would be gone for good.
If it's logo.png in the movie folder that's being used, then go ahead and replace the image. XBMC will detect it (it may take a couple days) and update it.

If it's not in the movie folder, then it won't detect a change. Your best bet is to update the video database. See the art table, match on mediaType='movie' and mediaID = the movie's id.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Hi ArieS,

Give this a try the next time you add a new logo. I do it this way, and the new logo shows up right away...Using Aeon Nox too btw.

This might not be the right way to do it, but it works for me.

1. Delete the old SD logo from your movie folder, and replace it with your new HD logo.
2. Within XBMC, go to the movie you wish to change your logo for.
3. Go to the Info screen and select CHOOSE ART instead of Get Artwork.
4. Select clearlogo, and navigate to where your logo.png is stored

For me, doing it this way makes the new logo show up right away.

Hope this helps Smile
(2013-03-24, 02:08)jmarshall Wrote: If it's logo.png in the movie folder that's being used, then go ahead and replace the image. XBMC will detect it (it may take a couple days) and update it.

If it's not in the movie folder, then it won't detect a change. Your best bet is to update the video database. See the art table, match on mediaType='movie' and mediaID = the movie's id.
I did replace it and it does change the image to the right one after a while but once I play the file, it reverts back to the shitty SD one.
And actually, when I start XBMC, sometimes I see the HD version and sometimes I see the SD one. And that without doing anything....

(2013-03-24, 02:40)JohnVee Wrote: Hi ArieS,

Give this a try the next time you add a new logo. I do it this way, and the new logo shows up right away...Using Aeon Nox too btw.

This might not be the right way to do it, but it works for me.

1. Delete the old SD logo from your movie folder, and replace it with your new HD logo.
2. Within XBMC, go to the movie you wish to change your logo for.
3. Go to the Info screen and select CHOOSE ART instead of Get Artwork.
4. Select clearlogo, and navigate to where your logo.png is stored

For me, doing it this way makes the new logo show up right away.

Hope this helps Smile
Thanks John but unfortunately it's not working. When I go with Choose Art and pick Use Current, the only logo I see is the SD one. If I choose browse and go to the movie folder, I see the HD version (that I had put there). If I select it, guess what I see when I exit the Info screen? Wait for it..... The SD logo.
I do have the same problem with at least one TV Show that I noticed which is Fringe. It keeps reverting back to the SD logo.
This is unbelievable..............
It's not unbelievable. There's a bunch of factors that could affect this. Mostly it's the skin. But the easiest way to find out what is going on is to look in the database. Grab the tvshow id:

Quote:select * from tvshow;

Grab the art for that item:

Quote:select * from art where media_id=<id from first bit> and media_type="tvshow";

Use this script to query the media library and then the texture cache in order to delete your logo.

1. Run:
Code:
./texturecache.py jd movies cube
to view the JSON attributes of the specified movie, including artwork, which should help you identify the filename of the logo file. Note that urls are encoded in the media library, but the jd option will automatically decode them for use in step 2.

2. Search the texture cache for the artwork file you are interested in:
Code:
./texturecache.py s "<partial-filename>"
where <partial-filename> uniquely identifies your file.

Hopefully you should now see a single row from the database, starting with a rowid. If you see multiple files you'll need to work out which is which (the height and width might give you a clue).

3. To delete the row and it's associated image file from the texture cache, run the following:
Code:
./texturecache.py d nnn

where nnn is the numeric row identifier.

Once you have done all of the above, the cached image file will be gone from your texture cache, but if it's still referenced by your media library there's a good chance it will come back, so you really need to have it removed from the media library. You should probably also restart XBMC just to make sure the deleted image is not hanging around in a memory file buffer too.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Question about the Thumbnail folder.0