10bit 48fps video shows blank screen, but audio is okay.
Out of impatience for a particular release, i downloaded a movie, Although the audio sounds great, the audio will not show, either in fullscreen window or real fullscreen.

Video specs:

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Muxing mode : Header stripping
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 48s 542ms
Bit rate : 17.2 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 800 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 48.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.233

At first I thought maybe it was teh 10bit thing that was causing the trouble, but I seem to recall that Frodo should be able to play 10bit.

Any input owuld be nifty, thanks.

Specs:

Frodo 12.1
Win 7 x64
q9550 3.4ghz
4gb ddr2
6670 1gb (also use it for audio)
Yamaha RX-V667 receiver to LG 55LE5300 television. (HDMI connections all around)
debug log (wiki) needed. Sounds like it's trying to hardware decode it, and not detecting it as something that should be software decoded. Might also try a monthly build (wiki), as support for that detection has been improved there.
[urlhttp://pastebin.com/QhxBY4xK[/url]

Latest Nightly didn't play it, either.

BUT, i was able to view it with Software and Pixel Shader as Render Method. Only DXVA won't do it. But it still looked nice enough using software, and still ran well. But ideal, but it'll do.
DXVA doesn't decode Hi10p so it's software decoding only for all users. It most likely will never be hardware decoded.

A moderate CPU (core2due) should do it, in the latest nightlys they enable multithreading to the software decoder so it should be smoother now.

Also, if your running xbmc with "change refresh rate to match video" it may cause issues too, especially with these pseudo 48fps videos as your hardware may not support that frame rate correctly.

I'll assume that you took the recent 10bit Hi10p 48fps version of the hobbit, if you did, make sure you read the description. It states it's not actually true 48fps, it's using IFC and basically doing what "TruMotion" etc does on your tv. It takes a 24p source and "guesses" the extra frames to create a "pseudo" 48fps file (soap opera effect/tearing etc)

That's not speculation, if it is that file, it's clearly stated in the description that it's not true 48p.

Just delete it and watch a normal rip (if you absolutly have to), but IMO this film deserves a bluray purchase and I was/am happy to wait.

I waited 6 months before watching TDKR, SkyFall etc... And havnt seen the hobbit either, It's hard to wait, but I enjoyed TDKR etc in full HD at home, full HD audio and picture with the family Big Grin much better than our shitty cinema full of knob ed's...

But I agree the wait can be excruciating, but for me, I'd rather wait than watch crappy quality, I am an audio and videophile, so much so it even got me banned from discussing certain topics over here Rofl Blush but I'm just passionate about quality as I have a nice home cinema and want to only watch the best on it Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
10bit 48fps video shows blank screen, but audio is okay.0