[WIP] [Alpha Version] YAA-MSS
YetAnotherAwesome-MetroStyleSkin

Yes, there are many metro like skins, but I was bored and while I found some nice lookin skins, I wasn't totally happy with them.
So i started to look a bit into skinning/modding.
I used nbox as a base, which is based on lightbox (no xzibit memes plz Tongue)

Mods:
- Views changed (also a bit brighter now)
- Font adjusting
- OSD changed
- MovieInfo Changed

NOTE: A lot of stuff isnt finished and I could have slightly broken some views with ma modifications.
You don't need to report bugs like that yet.

Download:
Yaa-Mss

Movie View:

Album View:

FullscreenInfo:

Movie Info Screen:

Any chance of getting a download link? I'd love to test it out. I just found nbox tonight and then yours and I like the way you are going with your "views". I'd love to give it a try (even as a tester).
Hm, maybe I can pull out a usable version tonight.

Another Teaser:
Love the End Time on Osd. Are you planning on including Custom home items?
Havent looked into that yet. Need to check what I have to do for that, I will have a Games and Musicvideos tab in the future thats for sure, dont know how long it will take though. Do you have other needs for custom items ?
There is the plot missing in the above screenie which should be between the player controls and the cover. I will also probably add the detail icons to that screen (need to check out if it will be too cluttered then).
Little round icon in the left bottom corner is animated btw Wink
Still so many stuff to do...
Just need the custom item for a video folder of unscanned videos like game reviews and such. Great Work so far and ElbertvanPutten
Added support for skin.widgets addon so not only recent items can be displayed on the home page, but also recommended items (e.g. the next unwatched episode of a serie you are following).
https://github.com/niamu/skin.nbox/pull/13
I like using custom items as well for Kids TV and "streaming" (basically a link to video add-ons).

Are you planning on doing only 1 view per section, or are you going to have the ability to choose your view? I understand the reason nbox only wants one view (to maintain a consistent look), but I think you've shown that you can get different views while still maintaining a consistent look and feel.
the images looks good the only thing im wondering about is the inconsistency in language
(2013-03-26, 17:05)bigbodiehard Wrote: Just need the custom item for a video folder of unscanned videos like game reviews and such. Great Work so far and ElbertvanPutten
Added support for skin.widgets addon so not only recent items can be displayed on the home page, but also recommended items (e.g. the next unwatched episode of a serie you are following).
https://github.com/niamu/skin.nbox/pull/13
yeah i already saw that. will merge that too probably.

(2013-03-26, 19:57)sirmeili Wrote: I like using custom items as well for Kids TV and "streaming" (basically a link to video add-ons).

Are you planning on doing only 1 view per section, or are you going to have the ability to choose your view? I understand the reason nbox only wants one view (to maintain a consistent look), but I think you've shown that you can get different views while still maintaining a consistent look and feel.
Well first I will finish it with the views already shown, then i decide if I make alternate views, a new skin or take a break. Feel free to post any suggestions/mock-ups though.

(2013-03-26, 20:01)swetoast Wrote: the images looks good the only thing im wondering about is the inconsistency in language
The only inconsistency i see in the pictures above is the movie tagline and that is because i grabbed the english one(too lazy to find the german ones)
Note that some movie titles and ofc all music titles have the original title here, and some words are also similar, like genre.
ahh that explains it thought it was a mix so it uses localization for languages ? so if i want it in English it will be in English

how friendly is the skin towards raspberry pi ?
does it have alot of fx (and if so can they be turned off) ?
Yes I will provide english and german language. For other languages there need to be translated a few words.

The skin will have some animations, dont know how this will work out on the pi, just some spinning png's.
I will let you test the skin at a time and you can report back then, shouldn't be to hard to disable them with skin settings.

Didn't managed to get up a version for now though. Plz stand by Wink

Edit: How is the overall performance of the rasberry with lots of content (movies+albums) ? Does it get hot, especially playin 1080p ? Are SNES, N64 emu's workin ?
(2013-03-27, 04:17)Rotten Wrote: Yes I will provide english and german language. For other languages there need to be translated a few words.

Nice

(2013-03-27, 04:17)Rotten Wrote: The skin will have some animations, dont know how this will work out on the pi, just some spinning png's.
I will let you test the skin at a time and you can report back then, shouldn't be to hard to disable them with skin settings.

I tired the metrotv skin and it had some spinning animation and raspberry didn't handle it to well it did it but the FPS was horrible so its nice that you include a setting to turn em off.

(2013-03-27, 04:17)Rotten Wrote: Edit: How is the overall performance of the rasberry with lots of content (movies+albums) ? Does it get hot, especially playin 1080p ? Are SNES, N64 emu's workin ?

Overall its good haven't experienced any problems playing content and i haven't experienced any heat issues.
Think it could handle up to snes but i cant confirm it since i haven't played anything on it

btw does your skin support cinema experience ?
Actually didnt know cinema experience...
but it looks nice, I will add it to my list of features I will implement. Actually I need to add only a few lines of code. Would like something like that while a movie is paused, playing random shortmovies, looks like it is customizable like that.
there is also skin widgets if you didn't know about that one either Smile

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...in_Widgets

hope this helps

Regards
Toast
Yeah thats already on my list Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] [Alpha Version] YAA-MSS2