Add-on Idea: Update recent file metadata
I'm not much of a python coder, but I had an idea for a xbmc addon that I thought I would be cool, and thought I would share and see if any coders would take an interest:

I've noticed that often when a show or movie is first added to XBMC, often the metadata available from thetvdb or moviedb is often limited or incomplete. However, after a day or two the crowd-sourced data improves a great deal. It can be a difficult, manual process to update the items with the updated metadata after they have been initially added. I'd love to have a script to solve this problem.

I'm not sure of the most efficient way to do it, but he idea would be to have a script which would refresh metadata of any added item a configurable amount of time after the item was initially added (default being like 48 hours).

I imagine that implementing something like this is much more complicated than describing it, but I'd be happy to support/test anyone who may have an interest and an idea of how to do it.
+1
Have you tried this script - not an addon, but runs from the command line so could be cron'd.

Look at the qax option, which will locate movie and tvshow media that is missing plots, mpaa certificate, ratings, artwork and then remove/rescan as necessary.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on Idea: Update recent file metadata0