Any way to show artist bio or album tracks at album level?
Question 
Hi all,

I've searched and searched (both forums and skinning manual) but I can't seem to find a way to show either the artist bio or the tracks of the current ListItem at the album level of the library.

Basically, for my album view-types I have an info box that shows ListItem.Property(Album_Description). However, not all my albums have descriptions, so I want to be able to fallback to ListItem.Property(Artist_Description) - but of course that only seems to work at the artist level. Also, I wanted to have another box which displays the tracklist for the currently selected album. I know I can get this in the album info screen, but I want to make it available at a glance from the album level.

Is what I'm trying to do impossible?
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Yes without the help of a script.
I´ll release a script probably later today where you will be able to get the tracklist. artist description would need another json call, i probably won´t add that. (there will be some more additional info available though)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-03-25, 08:45)Hitcher Wrote: Yes without the help of a script.

I had a feeling this was the case

(2013-03-25, 11:58)phil65 Wrote: I´ll release a script probably later today where you will be able to get the tracklist. artist description would need another json call, i probably won´t add that. (there will be some more additional info available though)

That would be amazing! The tracklist thing is the main thing I was trying to do. I think it is something that would improve the user experience when trying to decide what to listen to whilst browsing the library.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Any way to show artist bio or album tracks at album level?0