Scan for new content - not working Frodo 12.1 Movies not being added
I just upgraded to Frodo 12.1 on my Win 7x64 machine. I added some new movies that have been renamed correctly. The new movies are confirmed to be in the correct scan-able movies library folder. When I start xmbc the little pop down window in the upper right appears and says 'preparing.... Scanning for new content" then "compressing database".

The movies are not added. I have restarted XBMC several times as well as using the context menu to try to update the library manually. Still does not work.

I used the 'missing movie viewer' addon and it it confirms that the movies I have try to add are still missing in the xbmc database.

Here is my pastbin of the log.

http://pastebin.com/Ku7PbN6N

Any ideas?

I did upgrade Frodo without deleting Eden. Could that be the problem?

EDIT: I just uninstalled and reinstalled Frodo 12.1. It still does not pick up any new movies.
Double-check that your movie files directory is currently defined as a video source, has content set to "Movies" and that a movie scraper is assigned to it.
(2013-03-25, 21:33)artrafael Wrote: Double-check that your movie files directory is currently defined as a video source, has content set to "Movies" and that a movie scraper is assigned to it.

Well, you are correct. But I'm not sure how to fix it. I went to the context menu of my movie directory and selected "SET CONTENT". There was NO scraper set and it only allowed me to set it to music or TV. There was not an option for a Movie scraper. How do I get themoviedb.org scraper back in there?

thanks

I found the 'themoviedb.org' addon. My system says it is "disabled" but 'enabled' is greyed out and will not let me select and enable the addon.

Advice would be appreciated. thx.
On the Set content page, you should be able to select "Movies" as the content type for this directory (left panel). Once you do that, then you should be able to select the movie scraper (right panel).

Are you able to update it from the add-ons page?
I found this link that resolved the problem. I had to delete the addons15.db file from the userdata/database directory.

That was a nasty little glitch.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan for new content - not working Frodo 12.1 Movies not being added0