Having issues moving to a new computer and upgrading to 12.1 from 11.0
Question 
So I'm in the process of replacing my current HTPC (Vista) with a new computer running Windows 8. The current HTPC is installed with XBMC 11.0. All content is stored on a server.

It looks like I'm having some issues with the source settings and library. Movies and TV Shows are hidden from the Home window and when I go to the settings, where you can hide/unhide Home window items, both Hide - Movies and Hide - TV Shows are grayed out so I can't change them. I did a search and the posts I saw said this happens on new install until you do a library scan.

What I did:

Following a post on how to move XBMC to another computer, I copied everything from AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata to the same folder on the new computer.

So then when this didn't work, I decided to not try to move and upgrade and focus just on moving and using the same version of XBMC, 11.0. I uninstalled XBMC and deleted the userdata.

I installed 11.0. Still having issues, so I must be doing something wrong.

This is the last thing that I tried:

I installed 11.0. Then I replaced the entire C:\Program Files\XBMC folder with the one from the old computer. I replaced the entire AppData\Roaming\XBMC with the one from the old computer. At this point I would assume that every single settings file, settings, databases is exactly the same as the old computer. I would expect to launch XBMC at this point and have it run exactly like on the old computer (same skin, same skin configuration, same library, etc...) But no, I launch XBMC and it has the default Confluence skin (I use Aeon Nox), If I go to the Confluence settings I am able to enable Movies and TV Shows and I can confirm that it does in fact show my library.

I hate posting about something that should be pretty simple to do (at least that's what all the posts/docs made it sound like), but after spending 6 hours on this hopefully someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

So first, how can I move my entire XBMC 11.0 with settings and libraries over to a new computer so that I can launch it and it runs just like its configured on the older computer?
How do I update to 12.1 and have the library work correctly? I do know that I will have to delete the old Aeon Nox skin and download a clean one as per it's FAQ.

Thanks,
psypher
ok so I just kept hammering at this, must have gone through the whole process about 3-4 times and eventually I sort of got somewhere.

I got updated to 12.1 and most of the movies and tv shows showed up. I say showed up because a bunch of them just disappeared. I'm currently doing an update so it should have all the movies added back in. I don't know if there is a known issue with upgrading the database from 11 or not, but something is definitely buggy with the upgrade process. I've probably lost all the watched/unwatched flags since it's having re-add so many movies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having issues moving to a new computer and upgrading to 12.1 from 11.00