Buffering after 1.5hours
Hello,

I have been using XBMC for quite some time now and am using the current 12.1 version.

Everything works perfect except when I am watching a long show upwards of 2 hours it will start to buffer after say 1.5 hours but worked perfectly up until that point.

I don't think it is a system issue but possibly a software setting I could configure but don't know where to go with this....

System:
A10-5800, 8GB ram, and SSD HD. System is only used as media center and doesn't have any extra software on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

We do not support IceFilms or other piracy add-ons here (see Piracy Policy), but if you can reproduce the problem using another video streaming add-on, such as PBS or Hulu, please upload your debug log (wiki) to www.xbmclogs.com showing this add-on buffering after 1.5 hours and post the assigned URL here.
Hey,
You could be experiencing a simple trickle of data as time has progressed. Many sites (YouTube for example) start you off with a large flow of data for the first few seconds/minutes... Then, they can trickle data to you as you watch the rest of the video, thus taking stress off their servers etc ...

It's possible that on long videos, you are watching the data faster than it is being trickled down to you as xbmc only bufferes a small amount ahead by default.

I would suggest (seems as you have lots of ram available) that you try adding an advancedsettings.xml into your user data folder and add the following line

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize> 
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

This will allow xbmc to accept the initial large "squirt" of data from sites such as YouTube etc.. And will also allow it to buffer more of the trickles that are coming down as the video is streamed to you. Thus, in turn hopefully meaning you can watch more of the video with less overall buffering.

Try it, it can't do any harm to your setup, is dead simple to do and can be undone by simply deleting the file or removing the line Big Grin

Link to wiki for advncedsettings.xml if you get confused
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...ttings.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering after 1.5hours0