Win Questions on getting Karaoke files to work
Hi Everyone,

I been perusing the forums looking for current information on properly getting Karaoke files from their original format into XBMC 12.1, but cannot seem to find relevant information on the ripping of the files. The wiki suggests using currently available software.

I downloaded audiograbber and started playing with the cd ripping, but haven't found a combination that XBMC "sees". I did turn on the karaoke feature in XBMC.

Ultimately, I would like to take my wife's karaoke files and get them functional in XBMC, but need help.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

CN
I am a bit surprised that nobody was able to provide any information on this...

I managed to find a program that rips the karaoke file into something that XBMC can read and have successfully loaded and played the file, to include the graphics that accompany the song...however, I'm not sure how to get a microphone configured. I tried a USB array mic and it works in windows 8, set as default, but I don't see where it comes up in XBMC. Does SBMC support USB microphones?

CN
Kind of in the same boat, Have a Samson USB mic and I can't hear my voice while music is playing and the lyrics are shown on screen. The wiki says:
Quote:Using digitized microphone input. The microphone should work in pass-through mode, but will not work in digitized mode, where the sound should be digitally processed by XBMC Media Center. This also means that any voice post-processing is not possible yet.

Is a USB mic considered digitized? Does XBMC only work with a 3.5mm analog Mic? Where is the pass-through mode?

I browsed through everywhere in Sound and Volume Mixer options but nothing regarding passthrough can be found (win8). I'm guessing it could be a driver issue. I found some passthrough emulators like this. Does anyone know if I have to use an external app to use passthrough? I'm not even sure how friendly that would work having xbmc shelled, I don't want to see this other app or require me to manually launch it when using karaoke.
Just to update, I got karaoke working fine on Frodo using Virtual Audio Cable. With VAC, I can basically set the mic as passthrough. But the last issue is the use of WASAPI as an audio output device. It takes exclusive control over hdmi and when playing music, you won't hear the mic. It's one or the other. The solution is to change your audio output device to DirectSound instead of WASAPI. But that's annoying and so far can't find a way to make that happen via a button like you can do with audiotoggledigital.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Questions on getting Karaoke files to work0