Audio Cracks
I currently have my htpc hooked up to my reciever via hdmi. The problem i am experiencing is that when xbmc wakes up or if there is a long break with no sound, when it comes back there is a loud cracking sounds coming through my speakers. I have tried to figure out what is going on but i have no clue what is wrong. Can someone help me before i accidentally blow a speaker.
Tampa,

I am no expert on audio by any means on XBMC, but I did have several issues that were ultimately resolved very tiemely by several people in the forum.

One area that I did not mention in a post, was that I would get a "pop" or "crackle" through the audio. I, too was using HDMI but had several issues getting HD audio to work for me. My workaround was to use optical or analog input. This stopped the popping noise as well as the video stutter, but wasn't a good long term fix.

I received some help and was pointed to some setups in Windows control panel, and ultimately a new audio driver for the GPU. This completely fixed all of my audio sorrows and I am blissfully listening to, and watching XBMC sans problems.

I certainly can't say it is the exact problem you are having, but you might want to check out blueray's posts on this subject about setting up Windows correctly, which ultimately affected how XBMC functioned.

Hope this helps...

CN
I had the same pop sound when a movie starts. Disabling the option 'boost volume level on downmix' seem to fix it.
^^ thanks. Seems to have fixed mine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Cracks0