Tablet solution required
I have read your postings on this forum with great interest. My introduction is that i have great many ideas but not much technical knowledge and i wanted to pick on your brain to help me. This is my my wishstory:-

I have a home theate setup (AV (Pioneer), Plasma (Panasonic), Speakers (Aaron) etc..), HTPC with XBMC on it (an older version of XBMC) and a Android Tablet (Nextbook 8).

I want to create the following setup,:-

1. Load my HTPC with AVI Video files
2. Using my tablet, I wanted to be able to view the list of avi files
3. Once selected on the tablet on what AVI i would like to view, only then it would play on my Plasma.

Is that possible? Has anyone done this before?
First of all you must have a Wifi network (for the tablet) (htpc can be connected to your network via ethernet)

in my IOS (ipad) i use Constellation or XBMC Commander...

I think one of the above is on the android.. so you can use it to access your htpc XBMC... Smile
Plex seems to also provide some of what you describe.
XBMC nightly builds (wiki) now have this feature. "Play using". See: http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2013/03/14/xb...ary-cycle/
You could just use one of the XBMC remote apps that are available with the current stable XBMC 12.1
The new 'play using' function is a bit more advanced and not really the easiest for your specific situation.

Yatse is a great remote application for Android that will show you items that are available in your XBMC library. You can select what to watch and let your HTPC play it on your plasma.
Installation is as simple as making sure two are three options are set up correctly in your HTPC (fixed ip address and a XBMC port/user/pass setting) and adding your HTPC's ip address and the XBMC port and user/pass to the Yatse install on the tablet.

As an added bonus it will also be really easy to send youtube links you open on your tablet to your main screen Smile
Thanks guys.

With all the recommendations, can you configure XBMC for two monitor outputs? One is the tablet where you select the movie you want to play and the second is the plasma which shows the movie. Yes i do have a wifi connection to the HTPC
Hi, what you want to do is simply use the tablet as a remote control, which can be done. You can start looking at the oficial android remote for xbmc, but there are a few more.

You don't need to configure 2 monitor outputs (btw, what you have asked cannot be done), as the official android remote control will show you everything your HTPC (it will be sort of a library viewer) and then you can select whatever you want throught the tablet interface and it will be played on the HTPC through the plasma.

This is a standard feature, you are not asking for anything over complicated. Install XBMC official android remote, configure and enjoy!
(2013-03-26, 17:29)Kibje Wrote: Yatse is a great remote application for Android that will show you items that are available in your XBMC library. You can select what to watch and let your HTPC play it on your plasma.
Installation is as simple as making sure two are three options are set up correctly in your HTPC (fixed ip address and a XBMC port/user/pass setting) and adding your HTPC's ip address and the XBMC port and user/pass to the Yatse install on the tablet.

As an added bonus it will also be really easy to send youtube links you open on your tablet to your main screen Smile

Installed Yatse on my Nexus 7 last night. Yatse is pure genius!!!!
It was amazing to see my movies, tv shows, music all synced to the tablet so I could see what I want to watch.
This is just another great reason why I'm glad I troll this forum.
Oh and I love how you can either control the screen movements by arrows,...or by finger swipes.
and how you can choose between different views of your library!
Hi guys,

I managed to installed YATSE on my tablet however how can i scroll my media library sitting on my HTPC to watch a movie on my TV. Is it only a smart remote or more that that?
(2013-04-10, 09:21)csavadia Wrote: Hi guys,

I managed to installed YATSE on my tablet however how can i scroll my media library sitting on my HTPC to watch a movie on my TV. Is it only a smart remote or more that that?

For info on how to use YATSE, take a look at the web-site Smile - http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/projec...WUqP3hwaUk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tablet solution required0