Linux HTPC Set up advice?
Install it onto an USB stick - it will use the whole 750gb drive instead and whipe all data.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Linux/openelec has all the drivers you need. Manufacturers drivers are usually just for windows, or if for linux are old and pretty uselesss.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
BUt the CD which comes with it has the wifi and bluetooth drivers also. Do these also come with inux/ openelec?
Some one clarify for me please?
1) create a USB openelec install stick
2) plug it in , follow install instructions
3) choose to install to my internal 750Gb HD
4) Rebot and pull out the USB stick, As it should now boot from my internal 750Gb HD instead

I get the following message...

Cant find OS, choose bootable mediaHuh WHYHuh

Do I need to install to a 2nd USB stick rather than my internal 750Gb HD in step 3)

Could some one please give some answers and guidance step by step on fixing this?

As Ive only had the odd answer here and there, but nothing in enough detail that has solved this for me.

Just going round in circles here!? Some serious HELP needed here PLEASE!

Thanks!!!
Did you start here? http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=...g_OpenELEC
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Set up advice?0