• 2(current)
[THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK
-updated logos.zip with new ones and psd file included. Download on first post.

-replaced blacks dark background with mine.
(2013-03-27, 20:02)Saste Wrote: -updated logos.zip with new ones and psd file included. Download on first post.

-replaced blacks dark background with mine.

Oohhhh, I'll grab them and have a peek at whats new Big Grin
The skins looking amazing so far,

This just keeps getting better!
Thanks again for sharing your work, it's sincerely appreciated in my household fella Smile

I'm egar to see what's coming next from your minds eye Smile
They are fantastic!

The "Huh" Goes perfectly with the skin, and is ideal for my smart playlist that plays random tv and movie episodes!

You sir are a saint, have a great eye for design and detail and have done an awesome job on the skin and the icons!

I sincerely hope you are studying design, graphic design, art or similar... And if not... Why not Big Grin

Thanks agin for this entire package Nod
Im Not kidding graphic design was my First choice but then i came up with architecture ;-) and i am doing quiet good.
but btt ;-)

And big thanks to you and your family for that Nice Feedback.
Thats why it makes Fun to bring this Skin further. ;-)
I was going to say architecture as its a very similar field (technically) But I left it out Smile my brother in law is an archie. He loves is job, he says it's very satisfying and rewarding.

You definetly have a good eye for detail, the subtle changes make a big improvement.

Removing the curves, the new overlays, the new icons and colour scheme all gel seamlessly together. With design it's very easy to clash or to take things to far, but this is wonderful. It reminds me a lot of Alaska (which was a beautiful skin) and yet doesn't detract from the xperiance feel.

The new icons and skin colours and changes give it the feel of an appliance, I would expect this to downloaded many more times once people see it exists. Now with a light and dark theme there is more choice and will appeal to more users too.

I really do love it, as does my family Big Grin
You've done a fantastic Job and I can't wait to see where and what you do next...

But remember to study Big Grin
I'm busy with my latest refresh to my certs at the moment too (network engineer/sys admin) I have to re sit every 3 years, so I know how tight it can be for time some times... But this is some cracking work, you should be very proud of it, I'm excited to see what's planned next as its just getting sleeker nd sleeker by the day! Nod
Hey saste,

Just been tinkering with the skin today and was wondering If you would consider creating a new watched overlay that blends in with the sleek look of your theme. The current big green and red dots seem very untidy when in certain views (cluttered with dots everywhere) Smile

The location etc is perfectly fine, as is the overall shape (triangle) but instead of a red/green dot on a back background, would it be possible to create something ... Cleaner?

I'm thinking it would give an overall cleaner appearence if only the unwatched items were marked, watched items can/could be clean of any markings, as an indicator to mark it watched seems redundant if an unwatched icon exists Big Grin

Ideas:
A small silver + sign,
A small silver/grey "eye" symbol,
A small silver/grey "play" icon <<<<<< (I like this idea best)

Additionally,
On the info screen when playing a movie, could you change the colour of the clock (start/end time) so match your colour scheme? Maybe your nice blue for current time, and pink/red for end time? Smile

These aren't request or a young, just chatting and discussing and passing of ideas etc please don't think I'm asking you to do this as a request or anything like that. I just enjoy discussing this with you and enjoy passing ideas back and forth, distracts me from my MS exams for a few minutes Big Grin
Thats what i tought about yesterday that getting rid of the "ugly" un/watched Icons is the next step... I like the idea with the Play button i will Test some Things but dont have much time next few days so can be next week till its done.

one thing i noticed right now is that it would be more logically if the unwatched button would stay and watched will be gone.

so that in the overall skin there arent so much icons. cause in my case i have watched many more then i have not and i think you have to see with only a short look at your library what was unwatched. or do you see it different? (you know what i mean sorry my english is not the best Wink )

but now i have to think about what a subtle icon can say "hey i am unwatched" without popping out to much.

do you have any idea?
(2013-03-28, 18:21)Saste Wrote: Thats what i tought about yesterday that getting rid of the "ugly" un/watched Icons is the next step... I like the idea with the Play button i will Test some Things but dont have much time next few days so can be next week till its done.

one thing i noticed right now is that it would be more logically if the unwatched button would stay and watched will be gone.

so that in the overall skin there arent so much icons. cause in my case i have watched many more then i have not and i think you have to see with only a short look at your library what was unwatched. or do you see it different? (you know what i mean sorry my english is not the best Wink )

but now i have to think about what a subtle icon can say "hey i am unwatched" without popping out to much.

do you have any idea?

I agree entirely with all of the above Nod

I think that "unwatched" items should have a small mark.
I think that "watched" items should be completely clean, with NO markings what so ever!

Replacing the "red dot" with a small play icon could work, but like you say, maybe there is a better idea...

Things that could work:
Removed the green "watched" status completely, it's not required Nod

Change the colour of the watched status' "black corner" to a "silver corner" to blend with the rest of the skin.
Then...
Change the "red dot" to a CMYK colour "play" icon
Or
Change the "red dot" to a "blue" icon (like the progress bar colour)
Or
Give all "unwatched" items an overlay that covers the entire item, much like the iOS video overlay for YouTube etc where an overlay covers the item with a small "play" icon in a circle surrounding it.

I'll keep popping ideas up so we can bash them about and hopefully find a solutions.
Don't worry about time, there is no rush, enjoy your free time, your weekend and always put life and studies first Nod

It's just great to pass ideas back and forth and I'll keep posting any ideas I can think of I case they are of any use Smile

Ps..
Your English is fine, I actually thought you were english Rofl
To Cover the hole Image is a great idea but unfortunately i dont have any skills in coding cause the Icons have a fixed size in the top Corner (i could handle this but it will be a lot of work to rewrite every Single view)...

So we will see what this will end up...

PS.. I am German ;-)
i have tried some things and ended up with these two....

dont know which one fits better but i think the circle is more eye-catching without popping out to much.

i would love it to have that circle in the middle of every poster or thumbnail but therefore i have to know how to code it ;(

They are great Nod

The first image would look spectacular if it was in the middle of each tile... However, as you say, this will require each view to be re-coded which could be time consuming.

The second image is an immediate fix, looks great and works well with the skin even just as a "placeholder" until coding the first one becomes a reality.

-

The first image would look great if it were in the centre (but will require re-coding of all views)
The second image looks better than the current default flags and would be better than all those green and red dots. Nod

That's some awesome work for such a short period of time Big Grin
last one for the next days Wink i like it subtle and eyecatching...

(2013-03-29, 02:20)Saste Wrote: last one for the next days Wink i like it subtle and eyecatching...

Morning Smile
Yea the pink icon works well, its really easy to spot and non intrusive, I like it. Definitely a huge improvement on the current ones Nod

It gives a much cleaner appearance overall. Look forward to seeing that in the next update in the coming weeks.

I did notice a small bug today, the user configurable music tile (top right corner) was/is completely transparent when it is NOT coloured yellow in the settings? Thus meaning users HAVE to have it yellow or it looks unlike any other tile?

Now I think I reported this previously to crni, but can't remember Big Grin (or something similar) but I thought I'd leave it here as well fr you to check out? Perhaps a new tile overlay could fix it etc?

Really loving how it's coming together though, I think your vision for this skin is something that resonates here with my entire family. But we are all iOS users and love simple, clean, minimilistic lines and user interfaces etc and I think that's why this is clicking with my lot. It's very apple like (in a good way) Cool
Whoa Big Grin

This is very nice!
I like the apple look (iOS user here too) its looking very tidy, I agree that it looks much more appliance like, and is reminiscent of the classic Alaska skin! Both of which are huge positives in my opinion!!!

I hope you keep at this, as it flows with my entire media package at home (apple tv, iPad, iPhone, MacBooks etc) and that's something I've been looking for since day one! Alaska was close but this is much much closer still!

Awesome mod!

Quick question, would it be possible to have a choice of colour for the "home" tiles on the main menu. I'm not a designer or anything so it might look shit Rofl but what if the new movies tile was blue and the new shows tile was pink to match their respective colours? Not sure if it would look good though, just and idea Smile
Hmmmmm... I have to rethink my design... My intention was to get closer to the win8 design ;-)

Thanx for the bugreport i know why that tile problem came up because the overlay of the music tile on the down right with flipping albums was overlayed completely wehn i dont use a transparent tile overlay perhaps the music section is linked with this one completely... Try to fix this soon.

@derekcuster: i can try this but i think then there will be to much differences towards the hole skin layout... But i have to see it ;-) so ill try.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THEME/MOD] Xperience1080+ RAINBOW f.k.a. CMYK10