Import backed up library seems to freez?
Hi,

I have backed up my library from within XBMC and I choose to store it in 1 file. The result is a videodb.xml on about 30 MB and alot of sub folders with meta deta.

I then add the import watched in the advanced settings xml file.

I change the file path from local drive(network drive) to a IP adress in the videodb.xml. (only replced z:/ with //192.168.1.2/Movies/)

Then I start XBMC Frodo and hit the import with the backed up data.

The problem is that XBMC seems to freeze so I do it all over again with the same result, hovever this time, I let it be for about 5 min and then the import dialog appears?

It take along time and at 80% Windows says that XBMC do not respond anymore?

What am I doing wrong?
Just keep waiting
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
When restating XBMC it does have some of the media mapped and it is playable. There is however no sources under video/Files so I dont know how to clear the library to try another import of the library?
Okay, I waited and it worked out good. It seems however as the main GUI thread is doing the work on Export/Import and thats why the GUI is frezzing. It was absolutely not clear that it was working after 8 min, especially not when Windows says that it have stooped responding.

Anyway, when import was done there was no sources added? There is a library but no sources? How does this work? I thought that XBMC needed sources to get and validate media from? How will it work with new media that is added to the library? Will XBMC update it even when there is no source set to this location? Or do I add them manually but avoid running the update from library the first time?
I now also notice that thumbnails for episodes is gone? Is this expected?

It almost feels more safe to simple remove the library (delete files) and do it all over again manually? It will not be fun to set all the watched markers again but I have done it so many times now Smile
Okay, the import/export did clearly not work and after some search in the forum I found others that had similar problems with sources. You expect that import and export of all things to work but not in my setup (Windows 7 and XBMC Frodo).

I have found information about Import/Export but no information that told anything about how the sources is handled with import/export(even when they clearly not is restored as it was before)? If there is any information about this, pleas link it to me.

Instead I had to clear sources(removing items from library) that I had added manually after the import. Then it took me about 5 times before I got the path(IP not Name) right to the server (runned in to at least one bug). The library was added but then I saw that the imported items was still in the library so at this point I got double of everything.

Next step will simple be to remove the database file and try to find and delete the library images as well, then add the two sources(IP to server) again and hope this work.

Think its about the 4 time that I have to re- set all the watched flags manually.

After this I hope it works without breaking for at least a couple of months.

- Freezing for about 5-10 min when importing library and then it starts. Not clear that it is working
- Sources is not included in the export it seems or it is eather way not imported back in
- No clear explaination what source the library are based on after import and if its possible to change it is not in the regular place(Videos)
- Bugs when adding paths within the Add Source dialog, for example it adds "/" at the end of the path sometimes (this is first shown when exiting the dialog and going back in). When adding for example Path Server 192.159.23.12/Movies/ username: test1 password: test2 then take edit and then hit save again the path will include the username and password in clear text right in the path and it is not possible to open the path anymore.
- When working alot with the file dialogs/menus under videos it will freeze up from time to time for about 20 sec and this is on a fresh installed Windows 7.
Okay, more problems.

I removed the database and cache, then Added the sources(2) again. The videos was added but a large number of the videos did not get any meta data, not even posters even when I know that there is and that it have been working just fine. I tried to add a couple manually from within XBMC, it did not pick up the library meta but it could fetch from internet.

I tried the process again with removing database and adding sources, same result.

I got tired and reinstalled (Uninstall and then install) XBMC and after this it worked fine. XBMC seems easy to break.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import backed up library seems to freez?0