[MOD] UPnP Client Skin
(2014-06-02, 01:02)ReverendOlaf Wrote: Honestly I expected Gotham to have better support for skins to do this.

It's not Gotham that is lacking support, it's the skins which haven't yet added UPnP library home screen integration.

I've recently switched to Amber. It's easy to set up with favorites on the home screen for UPnP.

I prefer a vanilla skin so it can receive updates and not lose any UPnP customizations.

In the coming months, I expect to see more skins with UPnP library home screen integration. But in the meantime, Amber or this Confluence mod works well enough.
Can we maybe get an update that supports Kodi ?
Hi All,

I finally got around to upgrading my Raspberry Pi to Kodi / Helix, which also meant updating this skin accordingly. In case anyone is keen to give it a try:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4ck1g7
(on the sendspace page, click the link that says "Click here to start download from sendspace" rather than any of the other "download / play now" buttons all over the page)

I have done almost no testing at all on this, so try at your own risk.. but from the 10 mins or so I gave it a spin, it looked to be working. This version is basically matt_ric's original version, ported to the latest Kodi confluence skin, with the "Title" submenu added to both the "movies" and "tv shows" main menus. Enjoy!

Note: If someone has somewhere more permanent to put it than sendspace, please go ahead and link to it in this thread.
Any reason this won't work for a Kodi installation on an Amazon Fire stick?
No reason that I'm aware of - have you given it a try?
Not yet, but I plan too as soon as I can find the time. I just figured I'd ask before I messed with it. I haven't bothered to spend much time dealing with skins and now that I have a second Kodi install I have been looking into the UPnP sharing so I don't have to maintain two separate libraries.
Didn't work for me. When I tried to install the zip it said it was the incorrect file structure.
(2015-04-17, 02:56)truckmann Wrote: Didn't work for me. When I tried to install the zip it said it was the incorrect file structure.

Interesting truckmann - which platform (OS and Kodi version) are you using? I'm not aware of anything platform-specific in the skin (it's actually only a fairly minor rearrangement of the standard one)..

I have tested on both raspberry pi running the latest version of OpenELEC and on a macbook pro running OSX Mavericks and Kodi 14.2. All I had to do to install was go system -> settings -> add-ons -> install from zip file -> (locate "Helix UPNP.zip" downloaded from my sendspace link) -> OK. On both machines it installed successfully, and asked if I wanted to switch to the new skin & keep the change (to which I said yes). Then system -> settings -> appearance -> skin - settings -> set "enable UPNP library mode" on and navigate to the root path of your other kodi installation's UPNP server.
I'm using the android arm version of 14.2 directly from the Kodi site. I'll redownload and try again. I'm not sure what I could have done wrong but I may have done something.

Unrelated to installing the skin but, I also had trouble with UPnP in general. After setting it up, for some reason I couldn't see my movies. It shows the folders and I navigated to see movie titles, then it thinks for a few seconds and nothing. The odd thing is it shows TV episodes fine.
ok; do check that the zip file is 5.7MB in size & that it can actually be unzipped successfully. Aside from that I can't think what to suggest on the random uPnP errors...
I got it installed now. I think my problem before was that I tried to install the zip through the network. I pushed the zip to the FireStick first and it installed fine. Now if I could only get UPnP to work properly for me.
aha; glad to hear at least the skin installed ok. Unfortunately UPnP not working properly is a bit beyond my Kodi-hacking capability (which is currently limited to cobbling together a skin by copy-pasting chunks from someone else's work...)
UPnP did finally start working for me. It's pretty slow on the FireStick though. Kodi seems very slow in general with the FireStick, but it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] UPnP Client Skin1