Req EPG Timeline
Hi,

like this skin. But EPG timeline doesn't work as always in other skins, i.e. you can't choose a entry just by pressing enter, ok what ever, to get detailed information and a ability to set a timer; you have to call popup menu. Setting a timer is possible, but start and end is not visible. Btw. - the timeline colors are ugly ;-)

Best live tv support IMHO are given by reFocus and Quantum skin, just for reference ;-)

Greetz

LAstCoder
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
I've notice this as well, it's the only reason I haven't switched to the Ace skin, up until now I've tried others but always gone back to Confluence.

Great job though, awesome looking skin.
I also agree with this, hopefully MQ will find some time to give the Live TV area some of his magic skills for a future version...it is IMHO the only weak area of this skin.
+1
+2
Although I personally think the Timeline EPG in Blacks Xperience1080 is visually the best. Big Bold and has the highlighted programme's plot and other info at the bottom of the window.
I am glad its not just me (I thought I had missed a setting somewhere)

I just cant get used to notbeing able to press OK in the EPG to set a timer, or switch channel.
(2013-04-04, 12:00)Saner Wrote: I just cant get used to notbeing able to press OK in the EPG to set a timer, or switch channel.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1358280
You misunderstand (or maybe I was not clear enough)

In every other skin, I press "Ok" on the EPG and it gives me a box saying "Switch | Set Timer " etc....

In Ace I press Ok and nothing happens.

IIRC In Aeon MQ 4 it worked fine, but in ACE pressing OK does nothing.
Yeah, this is one of the reasons making me stay on Confluence. It's currently best for Livetv.

The seccond one is that there is no current-epg on the channels list view, only the progress bar.
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
(2013-04-06, 10:40)Saner Wrote: In every other skin, I press "Ok" on the EPG and it gives me a box saying "Switch | Set Timer " etc....

In Ace I press Ok and nothing happens.

Use the context menu ("c"). Ok that isn't lucky - but TV section is always a little bit like a stepchild...
that would mean remapping my remote for one skin.

i can appreciate its a minor thing, but given the way every other skin works (and the previous skins by the skinner) I will just stick to other skins for now.

As I said I know this is a minor thing, and it is in no way a criticism of the skin (to each their own and all that) its just not for me then if I have to start remapping controls for one skin.
The main issue is that DialogPVRguideinfo.xml is missing/broken. Hitting select/ok on a channel on the EPG normally pulls this dialog up alowing you to change channel or set a timer but as this is broken it does nothing.
Adding

Code:
<pvr>
        <showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
    </pvr>
to the advancedsettings.xml will bypass the broken xml and just change channel. Just a temporary fix tho as you still can't access that dialog to set a timer, but it works until MQ gets around to fixing it.
Ahhh interesting, now I understand.

thanks that will come in handy then.
Hi all, just a friendly bump to see if the "show information" on the EPG will be fixed. I love this skin and as someone mentioned, that's the only thing left to make this perfect. I tried looking at the xml files in the skins folder, but they're way over my head. I don't mind doing some testing and logging if someone understands what changes to the settings needed to be done.
Thanks
Hey guys, had little breakthrough. I noticed LeeG said its missing the DialogPVRguideinfo.xml so I copied one from confluence mod (ccm?) & popped it into the ace skin and bingo, show info. Main problem is its a clear background so its hard to read against the epg screen. All we need to figure out how to get a background box behind the show info and it will be fixed. I just don't know how to do that. Anyone know how to do it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EPG Timeline0