Movies/TV Show Library
I know this is probably a really stupid question but I am new to XBMC and am trying to set up my own library. I have an external hard drive with all of my videos on it, and i want to use that as my library. I am currently using NEON skin, and i can figure out how to make the external hard drive as my default library. Does anybody know how to do this? If i need to elaborate, i can.
(2013-03-27, 15:45)bah95 Wrote: I know this is probably a really stupid question but I am new to XBMC and am trying to set up my own library. I have an external hard drive with all of my videos on it, and i want to use that as my library. I am currently using NEON skin, and i can figure out how to make the external hard drive as my default library. Does anybody know how to do this? If i need to elaborate, i can.

In Confluence

Mount external drive, then go VIDEOS -> FILES (in submenu) -> ADD VIDEOS -> BROWSE. Pick it up from the list of available locations. Press OK to confirm. Rename it if you like. Click OK to confirm. XBMC will ask you to pick up scraper which would provide info for your media (thumbs, synopis etc). As you probably have subfolders on it with TV and Movies content - skip setting content (leave NONE) and confirm with OK. This will add your drive to the list of known sources.

Now, dive into it, find your Movies folder and press "C" on your keyboard. Select "SET CONTENT". Choose "Movies" under this directory contains. Do the same for TV Shows but be sure to set content to "TV Shows" this time.

Optional - add your ext drive as an OS X login item to have it automount and available all the time.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies/TV Show Library0