• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)
Thanks. And sorry on the Second read it sounds offense - which was not my intention. ;-)
To summarize: json module is in stdlib since 2.6, always faster and it provides more methods.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-04-09, 09:06)sphere Wrote: Thanks. And sorry on the Second read it sounds offense - which was not my intention. ;-)
To summarize: json module is in stdlib since 2.6, always faster and it provides more methods.
no offence taken as i know you didn't mean it like that Smile
hope this helps you a bit. no need to re-invent the wheel.

btw your avatar image seems broken.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Guys,

if it helps troubleshooting the same add-on runs without problems on second machine:

PHP Code:
Martina-Miticovas-iMac:~ martinapython
Python 2.7.2 
(default, Oct 11 201220:14:37
[
GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Apple Clang 4.0 (tags/Apple/clang-418.0.60)] on darwin
Type 
"help""copyright""credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> 
import json
>>> print json.__file__
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.pyc
>>> 

I can run more tests if needed.

Sphere thanks, I will try proposed fix and report results.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-04-09, 10:12)pecinko Wrote: Guys,

if it helps troubleshooting the same add-on runs without problems on second machine:
I can run more tests if needed.

Sphere thanks, I will try proposed fix and report results.

That's because
PHP Code:
script.module.dmd-czech.common 
isn't installed on that system. The author of that module should remove JSON in it and use the system wide one.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I just got around updating to Frodo this morning. I reinstalled "The Trailers" and found that is just isn't keeping up with the newer trailers. I know it updates on Mondays, but as an example, the "Fast & Furious 6" trailer has been available for a while and wasn't there. I remembered there used to be an Apple Movie Trailers add-on once upon a time that had gone by the wayside so I decided to see if it was available again in Frodo. I found yours, installed and am very impressed. Everything I was looking for was there and it's very quick. Trailers start almost immediately after pressing play and most importantly, there is no mid stream buffering. Woot!

Thanks so much for creating this plug-in and keep up the great work! Trailers are very important in our house. +1 on the WAF.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Update is requested, changelog:
Code:
0.1.0 (15.04.2013)
- added Trakt.tv Integration via Trakt.tv List Manager
- added translations
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
Thanks for this great add-on.
I am running this on Raspbmc but it keeps buffering a lot. Can other Raspberry Pi users confirm this?
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Not sure if this is an xbmc or add-on issue, but I've had a few trailers where the video freezes but the audio keeps going. Kick Ass 2 was resolved by deleting the trailer and re-downloading it, but The Lone Ranger and White House Down continue to freeze video after a few seconds on subsequent downloads also. What is interesting is if I play those downloaded trailers through VLC, there is a little video hiccup at the moment it freezes in xbmc, but in VLC it keeps playing. Here is my log.

BTW, love this add-on.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-04-20, 16:02)Baswazz Wrote: Thanks for this great add-on.
I am running this on Raspbmc but it keeps buffering a lot. Can other Raspberry Pi users confirm this?
I can't answer your question but you could try decreasing the trailer resolution to 480p for Playback and/or download the trailers first (with 720p/1080p) and start playback after download is finished.

(2013-04-21, 03:05)curtis-r Wrote: Not sure if this is an xbmc or add-on issue, but I've had a few trailers where the video freezes but the audio keeps going. Kick Ass 2 was resolved by deleting the trailer and re-downloading it, but The Lone Ranger and White House Down continue to freeze video after a few seconds on subsequent downloads also. What is interesting is if I play those downloaded trailers through VLC, there is a little video hiccup at the moment it freezes in xbmc, but in VLC it keeps playing. Here is my log.

BTW, love this add-on.
I don't think that your playback issues are add-on related. Also, without debug mode enabled there is not much playback related infos in your log.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-04-21, 10:16)sphere Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 16:02)Baswazz Wrote: Thanks for this great add-on.
I can't answer your question but you could try decreasing the trailer resolution to 480p for Playback and/or download the trailers first (with 720p/1080p) and start playback after download is finished.

When decreasing the resolution there is no buffering.
On my Fusion build HTPC your add-on plays 1080p with no problem at all.
My home network is Gigabit lan. With all CAT6 cables, so no wifi or bad cables.

Edit:
It is fixed here is how i did it, credits goes to ActionA.
Changing the stream quality to 720p play a trailer does work fine. No buffering.
Then change it back to 1080p.

Add cachemembuffersize to the advancedsettings.xml
512MB Pi: 10485760 (10mb)
256MB Pi: 5242880 (5mb)
Code:
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>10485760</achemembuffersize>
</network>

Reboot the Pi, and play a trailer again.

(2013-04-21, 10:16)sphere Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 03:05)curtis-r Wrote: Not sure if this is an xbmc or add-on issue, but I've had a few trailers where the video freezes but the audio keeps going. Kick Ass 2 was resolved by deleting the trailer and re-downloading it, but The Lone Ranger and White House Down continue to freeze video after a few seconds on subsequent downloads also. What is interesting is if I play those downloaded trailers through VLC, there is a little video hiccup at the moment it freezes in xbmc, but in VLC it keeps playing. Here is my log.

BTW, love this add-on.
I don't think that your playback issues are add-on related. Also, without debug mode enabled there is not much playback related infos in your log.

I can confirm curtis his problem it also happens here. On both my Pi and my other Fusion build HTPC.
Here is a debug log for when I try to play The Lone Ranger. The video freezes roughly 10 seconds into viewing. And this is on my work desktop yet has the same problem as at home. Can anyone view the 1080p Lone Ranger? I didn't try other resolutions.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
(2013-04-22, 21:47)curtis-r Wrote: Here is a debug log for when I try to play The Lone Ranger. The video freezes roughly 10 seconds into viewing. And this is on my work desktop yet has the same problem as at home. Can anyone view the 1080p Lone Ranger? I didn't try other resolutions.

Interesting, I can reproduce that issue. In detail:
Lone Ranger - Trailer 3 - 1080P: Buffering extremely slow or even no progress after a few percent. Downloading succeeds but isn't playable, video freezes a few seconds after start.
All other Lone Ranger Trailers or resolutions working fine.

Looks like the file is broken or something remotely.
My GitHub. My Add-ons:
(2013-04-22, 21:59)sphere Wrote: Looks like the file is broken or something remotely.

I'd agree, but I can play that trailer with VLC (VideoLan). It just gives a little video hiccup at the 10 second mark, but keeps playing properly. So it appears to be something more sensitive in XBMC's player that causes this video-hang.
I find it very strange as i read the latest comments. I got it the trailer freeze on the exact same points.
Lone ranger trailer 3 after the first few seconds it hang. Other trailers play fine.
Bad-ass 2 same thing.
Hi

Just to clarify, with this add on, it is not possible to save a trailer to disk? I have set a download path but nothing is saved there once the trailer has finished playing

Great add on by the way, excellent work and thank you!

Russ Smile
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Apple iTunes Trailers (Video Add-on)2