Frodo 12.1 - Addons Very Slow to Load
I'm having the same problem now with 12.2 on mac osx. All addons now are slow to load, not just video. Running 12.0 on my mac osx laptop and that seems to be fine. Saw in the 12.1 or 12.2 change log that this was supposed to have been addressed.

Anyone found a solution or maybe a specific addon that is slowing things down?

Thinking about rolling back to 12.0 until this gets fixed.

Thanks,
Dza
So far no one has uploaded a debug log (wiki) in this thread, so I would start there.
(2013-05-25, 01:51)Ned Scott Wrote: So far no one has uploaded a debug log (wiki) in this thread, so I would start there.

good suggestion!

here is my log:

http://pastebin.com/sJ2KtTFc

thanks for helping.

I just rolled back to 12.0 and get the same issue when trying to load icefilms and even music addons.
While debugging is on, can you reboot XBMC and then upload that log? That way it will capture information from when XBMC starts up, like how long it takes to load various add-ons or functions.
(2013-05-25, 21:12)Ned Scott Wrote: While debugging is on, can you reboot XBMC and then upload that log? That way it will capture information from when XBMC starts up, like how long it takes to load various add-ons or functions.

ok, here is a new log. for some strange reason the addons appear to be loading faster. since my last post I went in and turned off the metadata for icefilms and 1channel which i figure could be the video addons that were slowing things up. not that it's back to the same speed I'm accustom to when loading addons but it is a slight improvement from where I was two days ago.

here is the lastest log after rebooting my machine and xbmc

http://pastebin.com/d6T60mvn

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

dza
Yes, but debugging needs to be enabled and then restart XBMC.
(2013-05-26, 23:39)Ned Scott Wrote: Yes, but debugging needs to be enabled and then restart XBMC.

Yeah, sorry about that.

I've turned on the debugging, rebooted xbmc & the machine then tried to open icefilms. thought it was getting better but looks like things slow down quite a bit before as I get to deeper selections within the app.

here is the new log file:

http://pastebin.com/nh22SS2R

thanks again!!
Let me make it clear that we will not provide any support regarding Icefilms or any other piracy addon.
Read the forum rules
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just to clarify, this occurs with all addons, youtube, apple trailers etc. Icefilms was what Dvpetta has used as an example but I assure you this is a major issue for a lot of users in regards to all addons.

(2013-05-27, 13:29)Martijn Wrote: Let me make it clear that we will not provide any support regarding Icefilms or any other piracy addon.
Read the forum rules
(2013-05-27, 17:03)zedika Wrote: Just to clarify, this occurs with all addons, youtube, apple trailers etc. Icefilms was what Dvpetta has used as an example but I assure you this is a major issue for a lot of users in regards to all addons.

(2013-05-27, 13:29)Martijn Wrote: Let me make it clear that we will not provide any support regarding Icefilms or any other piracy addon.
Read the forum rules

I don't see "a lot of users here" so don't assume anything you can't proof and I said just to clarify. He should use some other addon then to provide logs.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Icefilms does all sorts of stuff, too, and depends on various servers for both content and listings. Even if we allowed support for it, it's not really a good example to test with.

So, Dvpetta, good log file, but could you test with another add-on that is having this issue, like one from the default XBMC.org repository?
Hey everyone,

Notes on the icefilms bit but as mentioned earlier, I'm seeing delays across most of the addons and it all seemed to happen once I sent live with Frodo on this machine. Icefilms was just a good example, where something that would load in 5 seconds now takes minutes at times.

I've uploaded a new log with xmbc.org addons tested. Overall there are delays here as well compared to what I had experienced before. Here is the log:

http://pastebin.com/0WQNgqBp

I've tested a few of the video addons and then Espn Video crashed the program (seems to be doing that for me lately, don't know why, it's one of my favourites!).

I tried to look at the log and see if I understand even the basic language and after searching "espn" and "college" (humor) I realize I still don't understand anything I see in there!

I'll mention that I've rolled back to 12.0 and turned off downloading the metadata on Icefilms and I have noticed a small improvement but still not anywhere near the experience I had in the past. I know that there was an issue addressed with the 12.2 update regarding addons and an infinitive loop, do you think this is something I'm experiencing in a small way? I've now rolled back to 12.0 and wouldn't want to roll back further but wanted to see if you guys have any advice.

Thanks again for helping out. I wish I was able to understand and contribute a bit more but I'm not able to get it.
Yes this is definitely an issue. All video addons take a minute or two to enter. Then when you go to select the video inside that group it takes another minute or two to load. If you are playing a video then go back and select another video it pops right up into the new video. Unsure what is going on, but it makes it real frustrating anymore to use it.

Thanks

Windows 8 (Just installed)
80GB SSD
8GB DDR3
ZOTAC ND22

XBMC 12.2
All figured out the issue of the video addon slowness, which i use it more then the other addons. Did some more searching on google and found this link.

http://www.reddit.com/r/xbmc/comments/1e...mely_slow/

Once I removed the program addon watchdog, i can now go in and out of each video addon with no issues and within a couple seconds. Seems that addon is fouling it up somehow.

Thanks
Nice Find @robe36 , I can confirm that Library Watchdog is indeed the stem of the issue. I wonder why it causes a complete slowdown of all the addon's. Might be worth contacting the author of the watchdog addon and seeing if he can figure out why this is occurring in the first place?

Thanks again Robe36.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo 12.1 - Addons Very Slow to Load0