Linux No video audio (mp3+menu fine) after frodo upgrade
I've just switched from the Ubuntu repos to the XBMC PPAs and upgraded to frodo. Suddenly my HDMI audio during video playback has stopped working. Menu sounds and audio files work fine, video I get no output.

Any idea what could have happened? I've had problems with no audio at all before which I know how to fix, but with music/menu sounds working fine... I have no idea. Looking for a quick fix for movie night, silly of me for upgrading tonight!

http://paste.ubuntu.com/5656202/

Cheers
It seems non HQ/multichannel audio (such as dvdrips) work just fine. My Audio output settings are set to HDMI, 2.1, boost volume on downmix and all other options unchecked. I know the correct audio output device is set, and I've tried them all. Is it possible the upgrade removed whatever packages are needed for playing HD audio?

Code:
Current status: 10 updates [+9], 30 new [+27].
Resolving dependencies...
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libaacs0{a} libbluray1{a} libjs-jquery{a} libmp3lame0{a} libssh-4{a} python-bluez{a} python-central{a}
  python-simplejson{a} swig{a} swig2.0{a}
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  libavcodec53{u} libavfilter2{u} libavformat53{u} libavutil51{u} libcec1{u} libgsm1{u} libmikmod2{u}
  liborc-0.4-0{u} libpostproc52{u} libschroedinger-1.0-0{u} libsdl-mixer1.2{u} libspeex1{u} libswscale2{u}
  libtheora0{u} libvpx1{u}
The following packages will be upgraded:
  dmsetup libdevmapper-event1.02.1 libdevmapper1.02.1 liblvm2app2.2 libnfs1 libshairport1 libxml2 libxrandr2
  xbmc xbmc-bin
The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
  xbmc-pvr-argustv xbmc-pvr-dvbviewer xbmc-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth xbmc-pvr-nextpvr
  xbmc-pvr-njoy xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts xbmc-pvr-vdr-vnsi xbmc-pvr-vuplus
10 packages upgraded, 10 newly installed, 15 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 37.5 MB of archives. After unpacking 8,035 kB will be used.

I tried reinstalling libavcodec53 and it's dependencies to no avail. I have since removed it, assuming it's unnecessary. I would appreciate if someone could chime in.
Problem solved. I had to change audio output from 2.1 to 2.0. Definitely a bug in Frodo, I didn't touch a thing inbetween the upgrade.

I hope I have documented the bug well and have provided the fix for any Googlers!

Regards

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video audio (mp3+menu fine) after frodo upgrade0