Channel switch bug using fast switching
Margro,

This problem has been around for a long time. I did address it to you a while back but it appears to still be there. I've been using dvbviewer as of late due to its fast zapping, but just came pack to media portal because of fernetmentas fix

Anyway, if I set the option to not stop the timeshift buffer when switching in the addon, the zap times are indeed quicker... about a second in fact. However, because its not stopping timeshift, if I stay on a channel for 5-10mins then switch to another, it takes me right back to the start of the previous channels timeshift buffer file and doesn't actually change the channel at all. I have no option but to turn that setting off in the plugin.

Is there a fix for this? Is it a setting in the backend or indeed a bug in the plugin?
Because I can emulate this on every pc in the house

Cheers,
Loggio.
+1 Happens here too
+1 also seen this from time to time using mp server
Hmm, the addon in this test build has some fixes to solve this problem. Probably not enough. I will try if I can reproduce and debug this issue.
The workaround for now is indeed to disable the "Fast channel switching" option.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel switch bug using fast switching0