Odd scraping issue, foreign films, filters, playlists
Hi - almost got all my movies into nicely catalogued order except for a few queries:

(1) one movie just wont add to the library properly...

Movie is a short film called La jetée from 1962 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056119/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1 or http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/662-la-jet-e
Folder is called "La jetée (1962)" and filename in folder likewise .mkv

However when the scraper searches it finds a film and converts it into the following film:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0341612/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3
(not the same film!)

If I try to manually refresh information and search in the box for La jetée or La Jetee etc it offers no matches (other than random titles) despite the fact both films clearly appear in IMDB and TMDB!

What is the fix for this kind of issue?

(2) Languages / subtitles -
My girlfriend is Brazilian, myself English - consequently we dont always feel like watching non-English or Brazilian films (given need to use English subtitles) - I also have a -lot- of French and Japanese movies - XBMC does not seem that well setup with foreign films - i.e. options do not appear in Filter etc, subtitles options are always nested away under audio menu etc
Are there any tricks or suggestions on improvements in this regard? Is it possible e.g. to have two sets of subtitles in a folder and it offer up which one to use when you run the film? (sometimes she watches on her own and wants to watch a French film with Brazilian subtitles but if together we would use English..)
Are there any menu / library mods to allow you to select or filter films by language?

(3) General advanced filters -
Why is there no option to filter by duration or language for that matter? Seems like pretty basic options given I dont always feel like watching a 2hr+ film after a long day at work!

(4) Playlists -
I am using latest XBMC frodo with confluence - everyone talks about smart playlists as potential solutions for languages / filters but I see no such options anywhere in the GUI - how do I enable and start adding these?

Sorry for all the questions but appreciate any guidance!!
2. Press T to change between different subtitles. If you use a remote control then set one button to simulate 'T'.

3, 4. Smart playlist option can be seen under Videos > Play lists > New Smart Playlist. This is very useful in your case as you can define smart list based on subtitle language also. Use a skin like Aeon Nox to create home menus for different languages.
Hello,

I have the same issue. The short film "La jetée" just doesn't get recognized even dough it appears on IMDB and themoviedb. I have tried to refresh and manually select the short but the title just doesn't appear. It is the only file with this problem, what can I do to add this movie ?
I have selected IMDB as a scraper.

Thank you for your help
La Jetée should scrape manually in place of the name with "tt0056119" without the quotes.
It worked thanks a lot !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odd scraping issue, foreign films, filters, playlists0