Alternate callerid script use: AIM notification
first of all, this takes advantage of teknojuce's caller id script. i take no credit for the caller id script. i just used it in a strange way...

a few months ago i wrote an autoit script that sends me a notification when i get an instant message (aim) on my computer. i am given the sender of the message and the first few words of the 'body' of the message. i can also save an image on the xbox with the name of the sender that will load instead of the default "aim guy"

i originally wrote this for myself but after searching i discovered that lots of people want aim notification. so, i'm still fine tuning the autoit scripts. i need to work on the timing of stuff. i think autoit is trying to work too fast and sometimes it doesn't send the proper info from the instant message.

once i get this sorted out, is this something anyone here has interest in? let me know.

p.s.
guess the show in the screenshot Smile

edit: also, i'm sorry if this is is in the wrong forum. i didn't really develop a python script so thats why i put it here...

im defintaley interestedin ur script except i use trillian as my instant messenger which has several protocols in one program , dont know if it will be compatible.
sounds awsome, battlestar?
die hard xbmc and xenium user.

aim is what i use all the time when i'm at home so this script would be very useful for me Smile

i too would like to put in a request to seeing this come to life

looking forward to it :thumbsup:
below is what i have so far...

note: this has been tested on aim version 5.5.3572. i use an older version of aim so i can use deadaim. not sure if it will work with newer versions.

first, the code will need to be edited based on the length of your username.

on the following line:
Quote:$aimsender = stringtrimright($aimtitle,32)

you need to change the 32 to be (the length of your username + 21). my username is 11 chars long so (11+21)=32

once this has been changed you need to compile the script by downloading a copy (freeware) of autoit3 at http://www.autoit3.com. also, download the caller id script that is above and install it like the readme should describe. put the compiled autoit script in the same folder on your computer as the caller id .exe. rename the caller id .exe to aimalert.exe.

run the compiled script. the next im you get should pop up on the xbmc screen.

let me know if you have any questions.

Quote:;clevindn @ xbox-scene.com forums

winwaitactive("", "&warn")
$aimtitle = wingettitle("","&warn")

$aimsender = stringtrimright($aimtitle,32)

send("{tab}")
send("{tab}")
send("{tab}")
send("{tab}")
send("{tab}")
send("{tab}")
send("^a")
send("^c")

$aimtext = clipget()

_trimstringleft( $aimtext , ": ", 1 )

;show 14 char
$msglengthstring = stringlen($aimtext)
$msglength = number($msglengthstring)

if $msglength >= 15 then
$cutoff = ($msglength - 14)
$aimmessage = stringtrimright($aimtext,$cutoff)
$aimmessage = $aimmessage & ".."
else
$aimmessage = $aimtext
endif

func _trimstringleft( byref $szbuffer, $szfind, $binclude )
$ipos = stringinstr( $szbuffer, $szfind )
if not $ipos then return 0
$ipos = $ipos - 1
if $binclude then $ipos = $ipos + stringlen($szfind)
$szbuffer = stringtrimleft( $szbuffer, $ipos )
return 1
endfunc

run("aimalert.exe")
winwaitactive("xbox callerid (lite)", "voip")

send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send($aimmessage)

send("{tab}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{right}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send("{backspace}")
send($aimsender)
controlclick("xbox callerid (lite)", "voip", "thunderrt6commandbutton8")
winclose("xbox callerid (lite)", "voip")

kick in da door: the same idea may work with trillian.
nice program , i got it to work , but after i get the popup in xbmc the script program on the pc shutsdown theni have to restart it. is that a bug, or is it something i did wrong?

also how would i get this to work with trillian?
yeah, it only works once... the point is to go read the entire message and possibly respond. then the app is started up again as you go back and watch your movie/listen to music/etc.

i'm not sure if there is a way to make it so every single im you get is displayed... i'll have to think about it.

to get it to work with trillian you would have to edit the script. i currently have the script look for keywords on the aim window. when it detects these, it goes through the rest of the script. also the sender and message would have to be parsed differently based on how trillian displays it. if i have the chance i'll install trillian and see what can be done.

you still around clevindn?

think i found a better im program that associates with python that u or anyone else can make a script for i started a new thread about it which is here "gaim & pygaim"

here is a description about it..

pygaim - http://pygaim.sourceforge.net/
pygaim is a gaim plugin that enables gaim to be exstensible with python.

gaim - http://gaim.sourceforge.net/
gaim is a multi-protocol instant messaging (im) client for linux, bsd, macos x, and windows. it is compatible with aim and icq (oscar protocol), msn messenger, yahoo!, irc, jabber, gadu-gadu, silc, groupwise messenger, and zephyr networks.
gaim users can log in to multiple accounts on multiple im networks simultaneously. this means that you can be chatting with friends on aol instant messenger, talking to a friend on yahoo messenger, and sitting in an irc channel all at the same time.
will this script show contact log in/out notifications?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternate callerid script use: AIM notification0